Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Be aware that the low fuel light (a gas pump icon in the left lower corner of the gas gauge window) does not shine like the other lights just before starting. You have to run the car almost emply to see it light. I did this on my 96 Brighton once and I now know I have one. :banana:

my 96 does not have one either, which is scary, cause i apparantly have a 13.5 gallon tank, and i regularly fill it to 14.5 gallons :confused:

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE. I HAVE HAD THE GAUGE RESTING ON EMPTY. STILL NO LIGHT. AND WHEN I FILL UP I CAN ONLY PUT IN 13.5 GALLONS. HMM? BUT IT SAYS IT SHOULD HAVE A 15.9 GALLON TANK...HMM

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE. I HAVE HAD THE GAUGE RESTING ON EMPTY. STILL NO LIGHT. AND WHEN I FILL UP I CAN ONLY PUT IN 13.5 GALLONS. HMM? BUT IT SAYS IT SHOULD HAVE A 15.9 GALLON TANK...HMM

The gauges are notorisly inaccurate, If you feel brave, fill a gallon gas can and run the car all the way down. someplace around 14 gallons the light will come on. Also make sure your tank doesnt have any dents in it.

nipper

The caps lock button is the one right next to the 'a' button.....

Do a search about the gauges, this topic has been covered many many times.

When I purposefuly ran my tank dry, the gauge had been below E for a while when the low fuel light finally came on.

I got pics that'll disprove that. 90-94 has a light!
Oh...you'd better...

Maybe my light don't work.

(Which is entirely feasible...)

That is strange, though. I know the previous owner, who said it didn't have one...That covers the last 180k miles. I guess something happened to it in the first 40k, before she or I owned it.

Oh...you'd better...

Maybe my light don't work.

(Which is entirely feasible...)

That is strange, though. I know the previous owner, who said it didn't have one...That covers the last 180k miles. I guess something happened to it in the first 40k, before she or I owned it.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of my dash with it clearly marked, but I can point out to you exactly where to look. It's a little black square about the size of a tack.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a339/Planarian98/Car/DSCN1540.jpg <-- immediately to the left of the gas can in the gauge cluster. You can't quite see it on that picture.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of my dash with it clearly marked, but I can point out to you exactly where to look. It's a little black square about the size of a tack.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a339/Planarian98/Car/DSCN1540.jpg <-- immediately to the left of the gas can in the gauge cluster. You can't quite see it on that picture.

u sir need to clean ur guage cluster, and its more more more to the right, let me go take a pic right now.