Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just bought a 1 owner 92 legacy.

Its been awhile since Ive been here but I recently bought a 92 ,1 owner legacy for $500.:headbang:

Its a solid 5 spd ,AWD ,EJ22E motor and clean body and paint.

Has 229k miles and , heres the catch ...................

Its pretty much still driving on ALL original parts.:eek:

The only maintenance , besides oil changes , have been , new radiator, drive axles, plugs, and clutch.

Everything else is original.

Crazy and it starts and runs like a top.

1st thing Im gonna do to it is drain EVERY drop of fluid and replace it.

Full tune up galore!

Looking forward to driving it up to the Mt snow.:clap:

To the best of her memory , they have not been done.:eek:

That was the 1st thing i asked her.

Good thing its not a interferent motor , eh?:headbang:

Im gonna do it VERY soon .

Once I celan out the garage and it stops snowing here in the Oregon valley.

Damn, then she may hold the record. If i was you then i would change the following

Tming belt

Idlers

Cam Seals

Main Seal

new oil pump

water pump

then you should be good for at least 100,000 miles on the hard parts.

nipper

often people don't know what the mechanic or dealer has done to the vehicle. non-car minded people aren't known for their attention to detail on automobiles, particularly after 15 years. highly unlikely the plugs and wires are original and if the air filter has 269,000 miles on it, take a picture of it or mail it to me and i'll post a pic, that's got to be insane looking. i would guess she was told it needed a "tune up" or basic maintenance stuff and the plugs, wires, filters, possibly even the timing belt were replaced at some point.

great score on a good car. new clutch even, that's the worst job to do on that vehicle and it's already done, nice hit.

what if it is a 229k belt? possibly the person u bought the car from drove VERY slow and never floored it.
Actually one of the highest stress times are shutting the car off. You dont think granny ever reved it to 5000 RPM and dropped the clutch

hehehehehe

nipper

Did alittle poking around and found that the spark plugs are new, air filter is new, PVC valve is new.

Bolth drive axle boots are cracked.

Leaks oil from the t-belt cover .

T-Belt is shiny (oil soaked)

Makes a whine/howl when the engine is on, comes froma round the A/C compressor /Alternator area.

Still a sweet $500 subie!:headbang:

Did alittle poking around and found that the spark plugs are new, air filter is new, PVC valve is new.

Bolth drive axle boots are cracked.

Leaks oil from the t-belt cover .

T-Belt is shiny (oil soaked)

Makes a whine/howl when the engine is on, comes froma round the A/C compressor /Alternator area.

Still a sweet $500 subie!:headbang:

That is a nice score!

ONLY 500!!!!!!!!! thats amazing!!! 500!! im nuts for fixing my subi for the amount i paid at once, but hey, there are alot of memories in the car, im going to drive my subi till it's impossible to buy parts or find them. Ill just continue to rust proof, and it should last forever!! ill be 80 years old, and say hey is that USMB forum still around? i want to know if someone has some OEM hub caps for a 93 legacy wagon. lol, ill be like still running like day one after like 70 years! lol, and no rust. Id like to see the originall engine and tranny too.

ONLY 500!!!!!!!!! thats amazing!!! 500!! im nuts for fixing my subi for the amount i paid at once, but hey, there are alot of memories in the car, im going to drive my subi till it's impossible to buy parts or find them. Ill just continue to rust proof, and it should last forever!! ill be 80 years old, and say hey is that USMB forum still around? i want to know if someone has some OEM hub caps for a 93 legacy wagon. lol, ill be like still running like day one after like 70 years! lol, and no rust. Id like to see the originall engine and tranny too.

Do you really need oem hub caps? If so let me know I have some.

Do you really need oem hub caps? If so let me know I have some.

yes, one has a minor scuff, not a big deal, not cracked or anything, i just put 20 paint layors on it and it filled it in good, but how much got pics, PM me, but im more interested in a driver side corner like for a 93 legacy. Thanks