Ultimate Subaru Message Board

On-line Subaru Parts?????

See Greg at Marin Subaru......He's an active vendor on a few other boards. Tell him one of the Subaru Forester guys suggested you call him. Maybe he'll raise the price instead of lowering it ( heh heh heh )

Or try Subiegal right here...She's in Washington State but ships all over the country.

the best place to buy anything is the place you get the best price and service. duh!!!! but usually you need to do some business with someone befroe you get the best price. the internet has changed that a little, now everyone gets the same price. but still, staying in the same place for a long time, you'll be remembered / recognized. even if it's only as one of theose 'usmb people'.

pick one and ask for their best price. internet is good, phones are good too.

be prepared to place the order when you get a good price. no one believes you when you say you'll call back.

I've always been really happy ordering from Jason at Auburn Subaru (866-528-5282). Very helpful and knowledgeable at making sure I get exactly what I need, usually have everything in-stock unless it's really obscure. Prices run around 30-40%+ less than local stealerships, who never have anything in stock anyway (I think you have to ask for the "internet price" or mention you saw it here). When I got my idle air control valve, it was $215ish instead of $350ish, and I had it from WA to OH two days later. 1stsubaruparts.com used to be Auburn, but no longer is and isn't as cheap as Auburn.

For brakes, I got mine from http://autohausaz.com/. Don't know about OEM from them, but my PBR/Brembo combination was $250 with shipping. Got them the next day even though I shipped with UPS ground.

the best place to buy anything is the place you get the best price and service. duh!!!! but usually you need to do some business with someone befroe you get the best price. the internet has changed that a little, now everyone gets the same price. but still, staying in the same place for a long time, you'll be remembered / recognized. even if it's only as one of theose 'usmb people'.

pick one and ask for their best price. internet is good, phones are good too.

be prepared to place the order when you get a good price. no one believes you when you say you'll call back.

I didn't ask for best price & service, but since you mentioned it;

My local parts counter guy presents himself as an incompitent moron with a lazy additude and a general lack of automotive knowledge. I've never seen him walk at a normal pace. I've never seen any initiative out of him. I special ordered a part for the rear trunk cover that turned into a nightmare. He forgot to order the part the first time. The second time was supposed to be two day air (Never happened), then finally after waiting more than 30 minutes at the counter (over a week later), he came up with it under someone elses name. I was at the counter 4 times for this one item. Each time was an exercise in extreme patience (sp?).

Thanks for the link WmCraven.

I went with Subaruparts4you

I've always been really happy ordering from Jason at Auburn Subaru (866-528-5282). Very helpful and knowledgeable at making sure I get exactly what I need, usually have everything in-stock unless it's really obscure. Prices run around 30-40%+ less than local stealerships, who never have anything in stock anyway (I think you have to ask for the "internet price" or mention you saw it here). When I got my idle air control valve, it was $215ish instead of $350ish, and I had it from WA to OH two days later. 1stsubaruparts.com used to be Auburn, but no longer is and isn't as cheap as Auburn.

For brakes, I got mine from http://autohausaz.com/. Don't know about OEM from them, but my PBR/Brembo combination was $250 with shipping. Got them the next day even though I shipped with UPS ground.

Ah man! If I saw this earlier, I'd've checked them out first.

Oh well, day late and a dollar short I suppose.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with http://www.cheapestpartsonline.com/? Please let me know.

They apparently are an authorized Subaru, Nissan & Mazda parts dealer.

Their parts prices look excellent (even better than posted on 1stSubaruParts.com) and since I'm in the midwest, ground shipments should come sooner.

Thanks for any input/advice!

Mike