Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Squeaky Clutch Pedal?

• 1 month later...

Well clutch cable finally snapped today:lol: its interesting driving with no clutch....

anyway ordered new one from the dealer should have in a few

besides GD's wonderful clutch cable guide, anyone have any tips/tricks for changin the cable?(p.s. i have a 92 loyale FWD)

thx guys

I wrote this for EA81's but the EA82 is similar - just easier on the pedal side:

http://home.comcast.net/~trilinear/clutch.html

GD

I disagree. I've done both, and I think the EA81 is easier myself. A little less standing on my head under the dash :brow: But either isn't that bad, compared to a friend's volvo -- have to get it up on the lift to even find the clutch end of the cable underneath. :banghead:

the cable is straight forward to replace. the best advice i think i can give you isn't spefically instructions, but either take pictures or look very closely at how the cable is attached the pedal assembly. it's very simple and straight forward but it's also easy to go and put the new one on and say "how did that go again?". same with the nuts and rubber boots on the trans side. but really it's a very easy job to do, it's just a little intimidating the first time since it's new. once you're in there you'll be most annoyed if you have to do this outside.