Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My new G ride 1990 legacy wagon LS (pics)

So I scored a 1990 legacy wagon LS for only $1000.:banana: I am amazed at how well these things handle and rally. Especially with nice studded winter tires on it. Also what does the LS model have different from the L model? heres the stats:

1990 Legacy Wagon LS AWD

2.2L

5sp

sunroof

cruise control

rear swaybar stock

233K miles on the engine still runnung strong

And I allready ordered a K&N air filter, a light weight underdrive pulley(http://stores.channeladvisor.com/hiprospeed-performance-auto-parts-accessories/Items/LUP-107?sck=45373373)

and I got a sweet muffler I'm gonna be putting on it soon. Much more to come. Heres the pics:

I love that blue color.

glorysmall1.jpg

And what subaru is complete without a hippie sticker.

backsmall1.jpg

I can't believe that subaru included an AUX input on the radio. Way before MP3 players but probably around the time that CD players were coming out in Japan.

radiosmall.jpg

And my roomates 1991 legacy wagon and mine.

twins800.jpg

What do you guys/gals think?

So I scored a 1990 legacy wagon LS for only $1000.:banana: I am amazed at how well these things handle and rally. Especially with nice studded winter tires on it. Also what does the LS model have different from the L model? heres the stats:

From the pictures it looks like you have a rear hatch off an LS but the interior pictures of the car it looks to be a base or and L. Main thing you are missing is the velour interior!! :grin:

Quick way to tell is does the car have a sunroof?

If not then it is not a LS.

Here are a few other standard items on the LS model:

• Power sunroof, tilt-up or retract, with cover
  • Power Antenna
  • Anti-lock brakes
  • Alloy Wheels
  • Illuminated vanity mirrors
  • Illuminated door lights
  • Height Adj. and self-leveling air suspension (Auto Only)
  • Leather steering wheel, parking brake handle and shifter
  • Variable delay wipers
  • Rear seat headrests

I also know 5 spd ls wagons are very hard to find, I am on my second and has taken years to find both of them.

I forgot when i saw it, but i saw a used legacy L wagon, in the same condition as mine sell for 5000!! just it had 210k? !! But it was alot more dirty, and under the hood it looked like a mess! I guess you got to find someone looking for a mint legacy wagon, then ill make it big:grin:

I'm fairly certain that early LS cars did not have ABS as my 90 LS 5spd wagon does not. Don't know about the seats though since mine has newer Outback Leather throughout.

What about painted door handles, the blue wagon has painted handles. Mine has three chrome handles and one painted one, what gives?

I'm fairly certain that early LS cars did not have ABS as my 90 LS 5spd wagon does not. Don't know about the seats though since mine has newer Outback Leather throughout.

What about painted door handles, the blue wagon has painted handles. Mine has three chrome handles and one painted one, what gives?

90 autos got abs, in 91 manuals did. Someone swapped out a handle. Is it the drivers door by chance? LS handles are painted to match the car while L are chrome.

Ya mine doesn't have ABS. It does have holes for the rear headrests but there aren't any headrests. I did a rally session last night with my legacy and had my first rally break. I blew out 2nd gear.:mad: Now I get to shift from 1st to 3rd. But at least it has enough power to do it. A new tranny will cost me 650 installed. Not too bad. I'll have her fixed in 2 weeks. And ready to rally again.:headbang:

1990 Legacy Wagon LS AWD

2.2L

5sp

sunroof

cruise control

rear swaybar stock

233K miles on the engine still runnung strong

I have a '91 LS with every option offered by Subaru USA, including Automatic Climate Control and OEM CD player that plugs into 80W OEM stereo. The "aux" plug is completely compatible with iPods. You can get an adaptor at Radio Shack that plugs headphone jack on MP3 into stereo. My CD player will play anything placed into it, including MP3 recorded CD's. Easiest way to distinguish "L" from "LS" is body color door handles, puddle lights in the doors, power antenna and diamond pattern grille. My Pearl White LS had 169K and if it wasn't for the tach, I wouldn't be able to tell if the engine was running. If you have "fuzzy" headliner, sun visors and window pillars, you have an "LS".

Height control was available only on LS wagon with 4EAT.

I had a 90 LS wagon 5 sp that I bought NEW. In 1990, the LSi was not available. That was in 1991. Also mine had the power antenna. All the rest you mentioned was correct also. Mine also came witha VHS videotape in the glovebox that showed the owner how to check fluids and use the jack to change a tire. That's long gone also. The rear speakers were also mounted on the toop of the strut towers. Not the best sound I ever heard.

I liked the 90 LS alloy wheels also. Only year they looked like that. Mine died in a rollover in 1996 in the NY thruway. My wife walked away with seatbeat abrasions. I do miss it. It gave me 162K miles without a problem.

Edit: after reading thru that info, I remember the commercials Subaru ran for braking the endurance record with their NEW EJ22.

I have a '91 LS with every option offered by Subaru USA, including Automatic Climate Control and OEM CD player that plugs into 80W OEM stereo. The "aux" plug is completely compatible with iPods. You can get an adaptor at Radio Shack that plugs headphone jack on MP3 into stereo. My CD player will play anything placed into it, including MP3 recorded CD's. Easiest way to distinguish "L" from "LS" is body color door handles, puddle lights in the doors, power antenna and diamond pattern grille. My Pearl White LS had 169K and if it wasn't for the tach, I wouldn't be able to tell if the engine was running. If you have "fuzzy" headliner, sun visors and window pillars, you have an "LS".

Height control was available only on LS wagon with 4EAT.

auto climate? never seen it, you got pics i wonder if i can add this to my legacy, by which you mean auto climate you mean you set ur temp, and the car stays at lets say 72F?

OH, and how about you email me it, then ill host the video, then EVERYONE can see it with less emailing :)

auto climate? never seen it, you got pics i wonder if i can add this to my legacy, by which you mean auto climate you mean you set ur temp, and the car stays at lets say 72F?

OH, and how about you email me it, then ill host the video, then EVERYONE can see it with less emailing :)

I have photos but this website won't accept them because of the size limit.

How should I send them to you?