Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Obscene Mileage for my 2.2

I remember when gas was $1.04 per gallon.

But speaking of topic, I am now running the shell v-power premium fuel(93 octane) in my 86 gl wagon, because the exhaust smells a little of varnished fuel. This fuel has made quite the difference in the performance of my '80 Suzuki GS1000e, as it smelled varnishey when i got it running. So far i have gone 53 miles, and the needle only started to move since 40 miles.

Edited by MilesFox

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i did it again. 35 mpg from flagstaff to cortez going 90 mph flat whipping passes at 5k in 4th gear doing 80 mph uphill. all with premium fuel.

Did you happen to use the same gas pump at the end as your did the first time? ;) I'd be using that pump always.

Maybe your gas is foaming, kicking off the auto shutoff on the pump.

euro 2000c.c. 2nd gen leg , 5spd MT, cruise at 70-75 most of the time, get pretty constant 30mpg. just like i was getting in my 1gen EJ20 for the last 7 years....

unless something is telling the ECU to run leaner than it should (not that healthy long term) cant see how to get 35 running at 90mph.

not that we dont believe you of course, just tell us your secret ;)

TG

i get between 22 and 23 in my legacy. I drive like a tool though. I got 31.5mpg in my GL driving really conservatively. I got 44mpg in my GL while running my HHO set up but I had to trick the o2 to think that it was running rich so it would cut back fuel, which I replaced with hydrogen. No ping or detination.:D Looking to set up the same system on my lego now. hoping for a conservative driven 35+ but I need a EFIE O2 simulator so the computer doesn't think too much. Burning hydrogen increases the oxygen content of the exhaust, so the ECU thinks that the engine is lean, and increases the fuel making worse fuel consumption.