Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok I realize that the general consensus is that Haynes is better in general, but for those of you that have both the latest 00-06 manuals is the Haynes manual good enough or should I supplement it with the Chilton manual?

Neither of them are worth much, get yourself a FSM, this is the only way to go unless you are looking for info on oil changes and wiper blade replacement.

Do you know where the best and cheapest place is to get the F.S.M.

I'm sure this wouldn't be the case with every public library in the land, but I've been to two different county libraries here in Oregon and they had all the manuals. One of libraries actually let you check 'em out, the other wouldn't but let you photocopy the pages.

I don't think you'll find much cheaper...

-V5

Your lucky our library only have the Haynes and Chilton.

I'm sure this wouldn't be the case with every public library in the land, but I've been to two different county libraries here in Oregon and they had all the manuals. One of libraries actually let you check 'em out, the other wouldn't but let you photocopy the pages.

I don't think you'll find much cheaper...

-V5

Thanx for the replies. I have a Haynes manual for my 94 Chevy S-10 that is fair enough, and back in my VW Bug days I used Haynes as well. I downloaded a portion of the FSM from the website(as much as I could get in the allotted time). I just like to have pictures in a book that doesn't cost me $200.

Thanx for the replies. I have a Haynes manual for my 94 Chevy S-10 that is fair enough, and back in my VW Bug days I used Haynes as well. I downloaded a portion of the FSM from the website(as much as I could get in the allotted time). I just like to have pictures in a book that doesn't cost me $200.

I like having a book next to me as i work on the car, as I hate getting my laptop all greasy.

nipper