Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new rig build.......56k beware

monstaru

it would be really rad if it was done in it's infancy by then

at the basic stages ,to be driven and not broken.:grin: i am hoping to have it done by the show,whenever that is,unless it is like june!:lol: hopefully on a good schedule i will have the fabbin done by the middle of june(my b-day)and drivin it by the end of summer succesfully.:headbang:

then just add stuff i want as i go.

you going to have this ready by august? i'm planning on a weekend campout at naches and rimrock area. which vehicle i bring, depends on if the yota is done.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am awaiting expert advice as to whether or not the toy frame is bent.when that is determined, i will know what i am doing.

i got the motor all prettied up with everything except a carb.should be hitting up on one of those really soon.am really leaning towards just using the whole toy frame if it is not damaged. better approach and departure angles with it.

i mean fabbin is fabbin ya know.

gonna end up bein a damn buggy lookin thing by the time i am done with it anyway.:lol: cheers, brian

yota.i am currrentlylooking into the possibility of using an old school spicer 18 transfer case and and t-90 trans.i have a bellhousing for an old 6 cylinder motor that is just the right size for adaptation to an ej-22.it is pretty crazy actually.extremely stoked about this because the gearing in the spicer 18 is low as ************.i'll get pics soon

so which frame did you decide to use? the yota's or sami's?

• 3 weeks later...

ok....so,i have gotten a dream vehicle,getting rid of the wagon and using the brat.i just like the brat betterr.and have talkedd about making a tube frame eventually.

back to it,i have decided that i will be towing the brat down.

but, i will not be able to have it on a frame yet.

so. i have to make some goals,publicly state them and get goin

here we go

i would like to do the following

get the motor in.

do shocks and struts

trim a little weight here and there

actually wire some things properly

and wrap up some secrets that i have yet to reveal.:headbang:

more to come as soon as i can cheers,brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok, my moments of insanity are gone. the struts are on the way,shocks will be here soon too. the engine needs a gasket and is ready to go in.then we will see if it fires up.:grin::slobber: couple other little surprises.cheers, brian

i'll get pics when the motor is in.