Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Our 2000 Lagacy 'payoff' grrrrrr

Only offering $5,500.00, because of the high miles (188,000), no credit for the brand-new front case work, or deBrightonization. Also they used Missoula s the value base, and I know for a fact that Subarus are worth more in northern Montana than they are in MSO.

I'm going to collect local ads before I send them the agreement and title ... not giving up yet.

DAMN, I was preparing to drive that car til 2010 and 300,000 miles. The 2006 IS nice tho' ;) .

that is tough I know. When my Mercedes was rear ended they offered me something like $3,000, the new engine, transmission, rear end and brakes meant nothing.

It was actually cheaper for me to fix it and drive it another year than replace the car.

Fight them hard. My insurance company tried real bad to screw me when I total my integra gsr about 2 years ago. It was about a two month process of arguing with agent(s). Also get some info on what its worth there where you live.

Be firm, and think of this as negotiating for the price of a car, and you are the seller. You know what you want for it.

Fight them hard. My insurance company tried real bad to screw me when I total my integra gsr about 2 years ago. It was about a two month process of arguing with agent(s). Also get some info on what its worth there where you live.

Be firm, and think of this as negotiating for the price of a car, and you are the seller. You know what you want for it.

This is totally true, when my airbags blew they wanted to give me $1500 for my 96 obw, ended up fighting and got $4900.

Looks like they're using Nada - see below.

Try KBB RETAIL:

Brighton:

Condition whatsThisUpArrow.gif Value Excellent $8,010

L:

Condition whatsThisUpArrow.gif Value Excellent $8,410

Nada:

Clean Retail Value Base Price$6,225$7,925 Mileage - 188,000 miles-$1,950-$1,950 TOTAL PRICE$4,275$5,975*

Good Luck! And don't give up too quick!

P.S. This is for N. Idaho...should be comparable to Big Mtn area.

Just do like I did. Get a lawyer and sue for the entire amount plus lawyer fees because you wouldn't be in this situation if their client hadn't have struck your vehicle. I ended up with a severely upside down vehicle paid off and a happy lawyer.

If that doesn't work, bite it, take their $, adn then buy the car back and either fix it and sell it, or part it out, either way, could make your money back. Only bad thing is then it will have a branded title :dead:

Some states will absolve the salvage title if you fix it and have it inspected by the DOT. The reissue a clean title and send you on your way.