Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle Import Show **FOOD**/stayover thread

Ok Im in the same boat your in so i think i too will be leaving friday and camping into saturday. Probably ill leave for home saturday night.

We will get in touch closer and travel down together if you want...Plus I have the camp sight so let me know if you need a tent ( we have a spare 2 man ) I promise to keep Rockys cruise set at a more managable speed;)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm there friday morning so don't worry about being alone.

If anyone wants my cell # for any help/where to go type of things PM me.

Cool..I can help get things set up then...OH!! Do you want me to bring a framed Pic of "The Holf?":Flame:

We will get in touch closer and travel down together if you want...Plus I have the camp sight so let me know if you need a tent ( we have a spare 2 man ) I promise to keep Rockys cruise set at a more managable speed;)

Sounds like a plan to me :) And dont worry about cruising speed..my EA81 doenst have a problem crusing at 70-75 all day long now...and when i do go it will be webered!!!! As for tents im a former boy scout (eagle) so i have a nice two person that me and my gf will probably be sharing. As you said when it gets closer we will arrange something and cruise down.

Sounds like a plan to me :) And dont worry about cruising speed..my EA81 doenst have a problem crusing at 70-75 all day long now...and when i do go it will be webered!!!! As for tents im a former boy scout (eagle) so i have a nice two person that me and my gf will probably be sharing. As you said when it gets closer we will arrange something and cruise down.

UMMM 70-75 is what I ment by more managable speed:lol: ;) ...My ER27 can do 115-125 all day and have had him up to 135...If I dont set the cruise on he creaps up and next thing you know you are doing 100+ on the highway.:burnout: . So when are you putting this weber in anyway!?

I have a big 8 person dome tent that I will be bringing...good for storing stuff in or if it rains or just hanging out iin...Almost wish Bucky was road worthy ..he is a awesome camp vehicle..nothing beats a wagon..always have a roof.

Well now that we have the registeration figured out now its food time. I could bring cookies to snack on during the day. I was also thinking that we could bring a couple of cases of bottle water which we might need if the weather is hot (I am hoping it is:grin: ).

Bumpity bump

Ok, I'm gonna make a pot of my Habanero Chili :Flame:(It gets rave reviews and is pretty good...honest)

Ha-I will bring a case of bottled water to supplement.

Also some tortilla chips and fresh bread for the chili. I don't know what the situation is with portable grills?? Are they allowed? We could do some serious grilling if thats the case.

Randy.

I cant commit to anything yet..but since I know my way around that area ..it will be no trouble running out to grab something...IF and I stress IF I do get down there I can run to the farmers Market in Lemoyne and pick up some :slobber: :slobber: apple sausage and other goodies

I bet you think you do :Flame: ..BURN!!

:lol::clap:

OK kids,the chili sounds frikkin beitchin!!! Hoping some more favorite recipies show up.

I'm going to do a last minute thing since I need to get lots of other things going first and grab the Coleman double burner (not a smoking device,sorry) when I move from storage space to storage space.Then I'll figure something.Maybe a seafood thing,we'll see.Not so many people seemed to care about it.

Somebody who's not really into buying and cooking food want to bring paper plates,utensils,napkins,condements,etc....??Beer is welcome,good beer truely welcome :cool: Soda,water,ice,cooler....whatever you can do will sure help.

But let's clearly state our intentions so we don't have 6 large coolers with just ice or 80 burgers.....and no onion.......:-p

Cheers!

Well,if I make it I'm going to be leaving here early Saturday AM.....and right now that's a big IF.

So,I'd be not caring about taking my Coleman stove to rush around setting up,etc.....but who knows,things could change.

If you guys have a stove and/or grill I'll gladly buy something to cook,and even do some cooking,no problem.

OH!!! and I am planning on bringing some of my broccolli salad stuff..those who have been to one of my cookouts should remember the stuff with onions,bacon,raisins and broccolli...yummy...and it keeps well too...also bringing at least one cooler...let me know if you want me to bring 2