Ultimate Subaru Message Board

This is My Yellow Subie´s Key!

(it´s a Li´l Bit Rusted, since it is Usually Hooked up on the Kitchen´s Key Holder, we Always Use the Copy)

LlavedelSubarudo.jpg?t=1176325698

The nice thing About this Key, is that it Have a Green L.E.D. Light, that comes on when you Press the Small grey Button, to illuminate the Lock!

:eek:

Well... I Think that Mostly Everybody who Owns a Loyale here might own at least one identical Key, isn´t it?

- - - - - - -

Still the Question Remains (for "Subaru Key Collector") : Do you Actually Own any Subaru?

:confused:

Erm..posting a picture of your keys on the internet is..unwise, to say the least. I was a Toyota parts guy for a tad under 19 years, I quit that line of work 7 years ago, but I can STILL identify the the proper key blank and "read" the cut on a Toyota key without having to hold the thing..we used to get keys out of locked vehicles by "reading" the cuts on the one dangling off the keychain thru the passenger window. I would expect that Subaru keys & codes are the same way. It's not a hard skill to learn (just a number based on depth of cut), and the hand-held key cutting tools aren't hard to come by these days.

So what I'm saying is, posting a pic of your keys is sorta like posting the combination to your wall safe. Bad idea, particularly if you also post pics of your car and your general location.

Erm..posting a picture of your keys on the internet is..unwise, to say the least. I was a Toyota parts guy for a tad under 19 years, I quit that line of work 7 years ago, but I can STILL identify the the proper key blank and "read" the cut on a Toyota key without having to hold the thing..we used to get keys out of locked vehicles by "reading" the cuts on the one dangling off the keychain thru the passenger window. I would expect that Subaru keys & codes are the same way. It's not a hard skill to learn (just a number based on depth of cut), and the hand-held key cutting tools aren't hard to come by these days.

So what I'm saying is, posting a pic of your keys is sorta like posting the combination to your wall safe. Bad idea, particularly if you also post pics of your car and your general location.

I was thinking on the same line. Its kind of scary if you think about it. Good thing nobody would really want my car:rolleyes: except me:clap:

that looks to be from an 1874 Subaru "Horseless" Coupe.. IIRC those had wooden pistons for N/A and petrified wooden pistons for turbo... :grin:

Man, i tried cryo-treating a set of those pistons once, and the things just shattered!!

I was a Toyota parts guy for a tad under 19 years, but I can STILL identify the the proper key blank and "read" the cut on a Toyota key without having to hold the thing..we used to get keys out of locked vehicles by "reading" the cuts on the one dangling off the keychain thru the passenger window.

Its strange that you should say that. I worked as a parts guy for Toyota for several years....and also learned my key-cutting skills there!

I can be in a public place....see somebodys car keys in their hand, and think to myself "Yup....thats a TR47 blank"

Just scary:eek:

Yup..I was a Pontiac/GMC parts dude too, can do the same thing with those keys.

It's a fun skill..looks like magic to the uninitiated.

:-p

On the upside, it's a moot point in the case of my own Soob..I ripped most of the tumblers out of the driver door lock cylinder a LONG time ago, now ya can unlock it with anything that'll fit in the slot, lol..you guys won't tell my neighbors, will ya? I had to do it..my key is so worn out it looks more like a butter knife than a key blank.

Yup..I was a Pontiac/GMC parts dude too, can do the same thing with those keys.

It's a fun skill..looks like magic to the uninitiated.

:-p

On the upside, it's a moot point in the case of my own Soob..I ripped most of the tumblers out of the driver door lock cylinder a LONG time ago, now ya can unlock it with anything that'll fit in the slot, lol..you guys won't tell my neighbors, will ya? I had to do it..my key is so worn out it looks more like a butter knife than a key blank.

i already called them...:grin: