Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Broken floor mat clip on 2007 Legacy

Hey y'all, I just purchased a 2007 Legacy 2.5i Limited last month! So far so good, but today I broke that little floor mat clip on the driver's side with my foot. Is this common? Seems very fragile, and I'm guessing not worth replacing.

The clip keeps the floor mat from sliding around on you and interferring with the foot pedals. Several of the cars I've owned over the years have had them installed, and they do keep the floor mats in place. You'll have to decide whether replacing it is necessary for you. If you find the mat wanders on you, and drives you crazy, then you may want to get a new one.

man my 93 leg has been missing that for atleast 10 years :lol: I have been living with all the crazyness of the damn carpet moving around, i think tommorow i will just make my own with black coat hanger or just plain black wire, should definitly be stronger.

Do you know how easy it is to replace? Maybe I'll ask if they can replace it when I bring the car in for its first servicing, but only if it's easy to do. It's not that big a deal...

they might replace it free, if you go to a nice dealer.

the dealer should warranty that. I know our dealer has. they're known for being kind of weak. if they don't warranty it, maybe ask another dealer, or make a stink about it being a brand new car and parts falling off of it or something. anyways, if they still won't replaced it for free, I can imagine it would be very expensive, and it's really easy to replace.

~Erik~