Ultimate Subaru Message Board

There s nothing wrong with trying to have some fun in the wrx,it is his car he can do what he wants with it.

thank you!!!! you get it! besides the crash wasnt that bad, and the worst that could happen DID happen. so everybody chill, cuz it wasnt that bad!

First off.... boys will be boys. We all gotta make (and survive) some dumb decisions earlier in life. That's how we learn, right?

Crazy, chill. If you really weren't at fault, then that's all that matters. Glad you're OK man. You might not want to hang out with the chronic WRX totaler though.

PS, a carb EA82 3AT could do the same........ it would just need 8x the distance to get up to speed:lol:

hahaha thanks Sako you got me in a better mood and its true, you could pull it off in a loyale. hhaha.... i think the crash wouldn't have been as safe as it was tho (loyale saftey ratings :Flame::dead: )

Wasn't going to throw in my two cents worth until I read that "the worst that could happen did happen". Check this out and be thankful you're around to get all the lectures.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/bad/bad746.shtml

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/bad/bad747.shtml

i wonder what he hit :eek: Thats pretty crazy, but i don't think that damage was done at the scene, it was probably after htey cut it appart to get the driver out, UNLESS he hit a tree very good :(

do you know how to F********KING READ!!!!! i said i was trying to talk him out of it and i didnt want it to happen. if you are going to try to make a point of someone being stupid, perhaps you should not be a dumba$$ while doing so. good job :clap:

LAST TIME I WILL SAY THIS......I TRIED TO TALK HIM OUT OF IT BUT IT WAS HIS CAR AND HE INSISTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMMFAO.

Seriously give this guy a Darwin right away. So wait, you were trying to talk him out of it and after failing to do so you jumped in his car anyways? You must have done a real convincing job.

Crazy D: (jumps in car with grin across face) Hey, man, maybe we shouldn't do this, dude...

Imbecile friend: Nah, bro, it's cool. Let's do it. I'm a pro.

Crazy D: (buckles seat belt) No, way. That's not safe. We should do something else. You'll wreck your car. This is a bad idea.

Imbecile friend: (revving engine) I'm doin' it, brah. This jump is totally phat.

Crazy D: (still in car with seat belt buckled) Hmm...okay!

Is that kind of how the story went? Your attempts to stop the insanity were thwarted by his...striking good looks? His obvious superior intellect and reasoning ability? The fact that you love him?

What would make you STAY in the car and be involved in this kind of lunacy and then have the gall to say you "tried to talk him out of it" and say it's not in any way your fault? Nice try...I don't buy it for a second.

I see it more like...

"Hey man Im gonna jump this spot up here..." (Already going 85mph)

"Nah dude, maybe you should slow down a little, remember that curve right after?"

"Aww come on we'll be fine..." *hits jump*

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh."

"That was sweet dude!!!!" (upside down)

"Time to get another wrx."

If I had the money I'd be the same way. I jump ALL my subies.. even carbed ea81s. They jump great. I've never crashed from jumping. and all I want to hear if you object to me hitting a jump is "let me out." if you touch my hand brake or gear shift or key or ANY VEHICLE CONTROLS while my car is in motion I will pull over and we will fight. Don't take all these old people so seriously. I'm glad you and your friend are 'okay.' Subies are safe. Wear your belt. Have fun. Just don't do stuff like that where you're likely to hurt OTHER people. I've seen some nasty pics of wrx's IN peoples houses, bedrooms, etc.. like missed a corner and crash through their walls and wrap the sleeping people up in their matress under the car "in their house." I was glad to see it was out in the desert and no one was thrown from the car.

LMMFAO.

Seriously give this guy a Darwin right away. So wait, you were trying to talk him out of it and after failing to do so you jumped in his car anyways? You must have done a real convincing job.

For a Darwin award, you have to remove yourself from the gene pool (i.e. end up dead).

That's the one we hope he WON'T get after crash no. 3.

Absolutely nothing wrong with having fun in a WRX. Big problem with being stupid enough to do a 50' jump in a WRX w/o roll cage, REAL race suspension, 5-point restraints and flippin' helmets. F@#$in Solberg wouldn't try that, and he'd stand a helufa lot more chance of pulling it off than your buddy.

In the future, if you are going jump your roo, (5' or 50') it's kinda important to look PAST the landing spot and see what you're gonna need to do after you land. (and you CAN still do the shorter variety in a carbed EA82 w/AT:headbang: )

To be philisophical, I think that's the problem with young drivers -- failure to think ahead :rolleyes: .

OK, Crazy D. I smoked a cigarette and inspiration struck!

Here's what you should do:

Next time your buddy starts eyeing a huge jump, hit him in the head with a shovel, steal his WRX and give it to me!

Net effects:

Buddy: Concussed, but alive. Staggering around wondering what the #$@# happened to his WRX. :confused: (no difference for him).

You: Not concussed, alive and well! :banana:

Me: Driving a new WRX! :headbang:

Actually, this might work out even better for your buddy, because he would actually be able to file an insurance claim on the car.

Everyone comes out ahead! :clap:

OK, here’s my last attempt to convince you to respect your mortality. Here’s a clip of a World Rally driver crashing on a jump. Remember, this is a Subaru WRX equipped with a full roll cage, racing suspension, full aero package, restraints, and helmets. A professional driver “slipped up” on this one. Your friend is just driving on dumb luck which is quickly running out.

Sooner or later you’re going to bite the big one if you keep riding with your “friend.” I’m afraid it will be “sooner.”

If you insist upon continuing this activity at least close off the roads/course to protect other people or use spotters. I am afraid you’re jumping blind in more ways than one.

P.S. To the general USMB Board – I’m afraid we may have the opportunity to see natural selection at work here with the “thinning of the herd” if this kid keeps this up.

I'm a little late in the game on this one, and I've spoken with D on IM about it.

We've all done some crazy and stupid things in our lifetimes. You live and you learn from mistakes. Or you die and hopefully somebody else learns from them, usually though other people will have the attitude "Man, that kid couldn't drive, I could have pulled it off" or "Glad it wasn't me who wants to go street race?"

I have personally seen and heard both responses, and many more, when one of my friends was killed in a high speed incident that I spoke of in Tim's thread about the STi.

I am ok with taking your life in your own hands, so to speak. But don't ever do something that would indanger somebody who you "care" about. I've done it before, and after I managed not to get caught racing one night, and got a hardcore lecture from a policeman friend of mine(who let me go with a heavy duty warning) I haven't done it with anymore.

There are many good sanctioned events where this sort of thing can take place. If the kid really likes beating the hell out of wrx's he should look into rally-x.

If he's loaded hell, rent a race track for a day and plow it up in the wall or something....