Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 from CCR

I've bought three motors from them, I had problems with one but they took care of it in a big way. Emily and Rick are great people to deal with, give Emily some time and she will get back to you. I won't coment on price, each one is different but remember, you get what you pay for. Later, Tim

CCR great to deal with. We bought an engine for my son's '82 Brat over 6 or 7 years ago (hard to remember when). Engine still running fine even if the Brat isn't. Minor problem with the oil sending unit; we got an engine with a sender for an oil guage (GL) and needed one with a pressure switch (DL). Our error since we didn't know the difference at the time and hadn't mentioned it when we ordered the engine. We called and the problem was promptly identified and resolved over the 'phone with no charge to us.

I seem to recall a notice from CCR (Emily) that they may be no longer selling the EA81s since they can no longer get parts for them anymore. You may be able to have them rebuild yours though.

that was EA71, the 1.6L..

thinking of ordering one, has anyone got one through CCR before? If so what were the prices like(they haven't emailed me back in 2 days :confused: .)

Just call. Lots easier than emailing for a quote, you get an exact one that way. Shipping, gasket kit, engine price, etc.