Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Turbones Trip to the East Coast Update

You know I hear this all the time from CT people..some of us arent into the hiking fishing thing..I used to come home from work..get my bike outta the basement ..warm it up while I put my gear on ..and go up in the woods for a hour or so...every day..I have 400 acres of trails right across the street from my house..then on weekends my friends would stop by with the trailer and we would load the bikes and quads up and off to Tower City Trail Riders for the weekend...then every other Sunday..I worked at Sleepy Hollow MX park in PA as head track official and first turn flagger.In the winter it was snow mobiling.. CT is boring for those who arent tree huggers or museum-a-holics..Thomaston Dam is a joke and the closest MX park to work at is in Walden( not worth the drive out for the little pay). When I say I need high energy stuff to do..I am talking about Xtreme sports energy. And I dont want to drive for hours just to get to any.

So move down here, and I'll show you some new trails.....:grin:

Of couse you just landed a great job up there.....:rolleyes:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree,Connie. You can wallow in your misery or do something about it. You'd better let that insurance kick in before taking on extreme sports at your age,no offense. Anyone in extreme sports regardless of age should be healthily insured. And again,you moved up there away from everything,sorry. If I suggest most things to you,including Milford Rider's Club,you're probably gonig to tell me it's too far,right? Move to the action if you want it. Sorry,but you need to move in my opinion. CT doesn't exactly fit me either but I sure know how to keep myself busy here. Personally I'll be getting back into windsurfing and boating now. No museums in sight on the water. ;) No tree huggers either.

Ok, enough H/J'n already:-p

We have plenty to do here in the PNW, just have a problem finding time to go do it:cool:

Make time... it's a moral imperative!

8 years ago, I was married to a slug for 7 years. He didn't want to do anything or go anywhere. I became that same slug. My hips and knees caved in, I was in physical therapy and quite frankly, wheelchair bound if I didn't take drastic measures. I told him one night that he needed to live somewhere else. He did.

I met Tim on the internet and we hit it off... same mindset, same interests... same-same, if my right foot hurts his left will, if my left eye itches his right will. It's freaky. We need to make it a practice not to mention it unless one sees the other reacting to the problem.

He's a work-a-holic... not work-work... just doing things... working on the cars, the house, boat... just keeping busy. I am too... and we meshed. We have accomplished so much together... not saving the world kind of stuff, just things that mean a lot to us and the people dear to us.

At any rate, seven years later we're still getting dirty... in every sense of the word!!! :)

Ok, enough H/J'n already:-p

We have plenty to do here in the PNW, just have a problem finding time to go do it:cool:

You guys need to cut your states up and glue the cool places back together again real close to each other.:lol: j/k But man,everything is so far for you guys,so it seems. Portland,Sea-Tac,they look like great places to be near,but most other places of interest are miles away. Connie is only 45 minutes from civilization on the shoreline. The northwest corner of our little state is the most beautiful and most rugged. It's really like "somewhere else,some other state" because it more resembles VT or NH than the rest of CT. Wild cats,black bear,moose...that ain't the CT I have down here. In many ways she's lucky to be up there away from certain things down here ....people! But if you don't shoot guns or toss a line in the water there's much less to do up there. Probably the major reason we never went to New Milford like we were looking into years ago. All in all it's a great town and has enough stores to satisfy without being over ridden,yet. Still one of our favorite towns here in CT. The Chicken Dinner at the Fire House rules.

Pretty soon you'll be having extra dough,Connie. then your outlook/perception of CT anyways,will change,I hope. It's hackable.

If you really need rider's clubs ,etc. check over the line in western NY or go ride at Doug Henry's place.

Milfrod Rider's Club Friday Night Races..wanna go some Friday night?

ewwwwwwwwwwww but your like old or something. Gross :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

j/k:banana:

My mother is old <shiver> not so bad, she played 36 holes of golf at 86.

Anyway, the new 50 is 40... and since I LOOK 40 something that makes me 30 something. Right? Right?? RIGHT????!!!!

My mother is old <shiver> not so bad, she played 36 holes of golf at 86.

Anyway, the new 50 is 40... and since I LOOK 40 something that makes me 30 something. Right? Right?? RIGHT????!!!!

I agree, wholeheartedly:headbang:

Ask the gang from the Dragon run how old they think I look?;)

In the camplight:-p

Lol, thanks Connie. I want to know what you editted out tho:-p

Paul, I'm 30min fron Tacoma, maybe 40min from SeaTac. Seattle I can make in 45min if theres no traffic.

I'm 30min from Evans Creek and maybe 45 min from Mt Rainier National Park. I would say I smack in the middle of wherever I want to go in a short period. Here's a Google map of my town. Just zoom out and you can see how close I am to everything.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=bonney+lake,+wa&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1