Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Supercharger idea. Need help with parts

So I am considering building a supercharger setup.

Here is the catch. I would like to make it modular so I can put it on either the EJ18 BRAT or my EJ22 2k OBS.

the EJ18 is from a 1995 OBDI car.

EJ22 is a OBDII car.

I have a spare intake manifold for an EJ18 sitting around and IIRC it will bolt up to the EJ22 w/no problems.

Is this doable?

Is there a aftermarket computer that I can switch profiles for both engines? I am looking at 5-10 pounds of boost so nothing insane. Just a little more pep.

BW

Sup Bosco. You'd also want to put bigger injectors on both cars and have a way to cut fuel pressure when running without it. If I were you I'd start with the brat, and then try to adapt it to the OBS once you have the kinks worked out.

There was that post some months back from someone who put an old Mercedes I think it was supercharger and fed that into a turbo on a Legacy I think it was...

Yeah that's Douglas Vincent.

With the number of motors he's gone through I wouldn't exactly call it "successful."

Hey now! :grin:

EVERY one was succesful! It worked didn't it? Every motor was usually lost when I decided to run WAY TOO MUCH NITROUS through it without EM. And then I got EM and proceeded to run even more nitrous through. haha

Boost is boost. You tune for it or blow a piston. And when you boost NA motors, you pop pistons fast if you are greedy.

Sko, I will reply with a though out message soon.

Doug