Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello :) I love using my torque wrench and tomorrow im going to jump into the brake job (doing 4 rotors and front pads) so I thought id ask. I torque my wheels to 70ft-lb's by the way and I for the brakes I bought brake grease for the slider pins and anti-squeak. I think thats all I need right(and yes I have 1000's of tools :lol:)? Thanks guys!

Pick up a chilton's/haynes manual. It has torque specs.

Lug nuts are about all I actually put a torque wrench on, outside of engine components. For the brackets, it's "pretty tight," and for the caliper to bracket bolts it's "not quite as tight." Of course there are a few that you need to be careful on like endlinks and strut top bolts. And spark plugs, and the oil pan.

Oh ya forgot going to try my V-power plugs I bought and see if it makes the car run any better. Mainly get better fuel economy. I torque the spark plugs to 15ft-lbs. What do you think is a good torque range for the caliper to bracket? I was thinking 35ft-lb's.

I think the caliper to bracket is around 28 ft. lbs. If you dont have a manual to get the torque range, I would just use a wrench to tighten it, it is very easy to do more damage with a torque wrench then without if you dont have the torque range. I know because I twisted off a transmission pan bolt by guessing.

Oh ya forgot going to try my V-power plugs I bought and see if it makes the car run any better. Mainly get better fuel economy. I torque the spark plugs to 15ft-lbs. What do you think is a good torque range for the caliper to bracket? I was thinking 35ft-lb's.