Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Things that suck: My SVX destroyed by a$$hat in box truck :(

Pictures say a thousand words......of hate!!!!

4-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Fortunatly my girlfreind was not seriously injured that we know of yet but is having some pretty bad back and neck issues right now. Thanks to Subaru for making such a well build and safe car other wise she may not have been as lucky against a 40' box truck.

My most sincere condolences. It's painful for me to look at those pictures--you must be beside yourself.

Hope your girlfriend's situation is okay and that it's nothing permanent. And yes, thank God for Subaru's structural design and build quality. My family has good reason to appreciate that too.

All the best to you in dealing with this.

I feel your pain having just lost our 95 a couple of weeks ago. Tell your GF not to mess with anything involving the neck and back, use the accident insurance to get FULLY checked out. Some injuries can remain hidden under muscle pain and the sooner diagnosed the better.

Best of luck, man.

Well my plan is to rebuild out of a really clean shell i have had laying around for awile. If they wanted to just pay me for to replace the car it would be around $20grand between finding another svx this clean and then getting all the parts and labor i have into this one.

I'm hoping they give me enough to do some mods along the way. I was looking at superchargers right befor this happend and a taller 5th and 6th gear set out of a spec-B for some better highway cruising. If all this works out like i want i will end up with a really bad rump roast and freshly painted SVX. :headbang:

gAH! that's horrible! at least she's well, but man that's bad.

get a great lawyer and doctors, that is one horrific looking accident. hopefully she was moving and not standing still? anyway, don't let down on doctors visits and let a lawyer take care of all the headaches of insurance, vehicles, etc so you can focus on the most important thing...doctors and health. my best friend has permanent issues, and not to be gloom and doom, but his car didn't look nearly that bad.

Well she was sitting at a stop light for like 30sec. when this guy ran right into the back of her as if he had no clue he should have been stopping. I dont think he hit the brakes untill he heard the braking glass and crushing steel.

And yes this is the girl who wants to rock a lifted Legacy and you know ahe went out and did today? Bought herself an 83 Honda 1100 Magna. She's crazy but god do i love her. :rolleyes:

Car did what it was supposed to and thank goodness that she was not hurt. Now you need to post pics of the bike:headbang:

Haha, yeah. She might want to clean it up a bit first thoe. Needs side covers and two of the turn signals broke off from the rubber comming apart. Other than that it's in great shape, only 9k on it and she took it out the first day we got it home! For only $700 :cool: