Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cosmetic Scoops

Yes I know but I could make it functional with out much problem. I do know how to do that so I might just do that.

A functional hood scoop usually involves a top mounted intercooler; unless its a backwards pointing hood scoop, venting air out from the engine bay, in which case its functionality is debatable because they typically "Vent" into the highest pressure area on the vehicle, the base of the windshield.

From the look of things you have a nice little wagon there. Might I suggest you locate a so-so hood to carve up (putting yours away just in case you change your mind at a later date).

Usually when a "younger fella" gets it in his head to do some hood carving, he usually does it, and regrets it later.

Thus dispelling any lingering doubts any of your kids had about bert and ernie.

My kid knows all about the hardcore habits of the sesame street gang when the cameras are off :lol:

We've been trying to get Grover to stop smoking, but no dice :(

I have at least managed to get bert to stop drinking crappy beer and move up to Newcastle.

My kid knows all about the hardcore habits of the sesame street gang when the cameras are off :lol:

We've been trying to get Grover to stop smoking, but no dice :(

I have at least managed to get bert to stop drinking crappy beer and move up to Newcastle.

Without that raspy voice, grover isnt Grover.. next up, you have to do something about Bert's shirt.

Although honestly I can't say I would feel to comfortable if they actually changed him, as tacky as his turtleneck is.

you should see the hood im about to start building....its a carbon fiber scoop off of a wrx (about the size of an sti scoop) and im gonna rig it up for Ram air intake. and throw it on whatever soobie i have next.

the subaru kid

-Dalton

just buy a wrx lookalike, and it will work jsut fine, unless you want to find one from say, a P1 or something rarer.... Mines home Depo Made, although it looks great from far away, it has some issues real up close that I plan to fix when I get the chance...

He's rockin the pink! :lol:

The pink is rockin' me.

I would have to agree the pink is rockin you:banana:

icon5.gif

You guys got me Lost in Translation... :-\ ...What is the Meanin´ of "Rockin´ the Pink"???

:confused:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well... I know a non-functional Scoop can be such a "Ricer" thing, but I Still Like the Looks of a Good Shaped Scoop on a EA82... I´ll Love to got one on my Yellow Wagon, Painted in Black; (might be Soon) and I was thinkin´ on another scoop for my Weberized EA82, just to Increase the Loudness of the EA82´s ROAR thru the Full Throttle Weber! ... But I don´t know How I can keep off the Rain... :-\ ...any Idea?

Your not going to keep out the rain if you are sucking in air though it, why not make your intake V-mounted.... Yeah I dont know how it would work either but, mabey if you were a genious then mabey it would work(if you dont know what v-mounted is... well then just say so and I will tell you)

Heh, I dont know what I was saying, V-mounted is when you have say a Radiator and an Intercooler, Both use air to cool, and instead of putting them one on top of theother, you mount them in a V just draw a V horizontally and youll see what I mean, this is so that each gets its own supply of fresh air... sorry I was just making nonsense about a Vmounted Intake, but, maybe with some sheetmetal you could slope it somehow so that the water hits it and then roles off, idk, but a little water wont hurt anything at all, but you dont want to hydrolock so.....