Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi everyone, I wanted to share pics of my 97 Legacy L sedan. I got all the info for lifting it here on this website. Thanks! Especially to Yetidon who steered me in the right direction. I installed Scorpion King Springs and KYB GR-2 Outback struts. Firestone Destination A/T 205/75R15 tires and a camber adjustment kit. Rides great, gained about 5 1/2 inches from stock. It wasn't cheap, but it is awesome.

Please feel free to ask any questions about the build. Here's a link to the pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/scottiegfunk/LegacyLift

Pretty cool, must be what Subie engineers first saw when they converted a Subie sedan to Outback status way back when. Keep this good work up, and you could get hired by those monster truck builders. Who knows, you could be the guy designing the next version of the "Grave Digger."

Hey Scottie, where did you get the springs from? Rennick is telling me they are on a month backorder. I have the struts and body lift kit ready for my Outback, but can't seem to find the springs. BTW your Legacy looks great!:banana:

i knew you would be drooling

nipper

Hey Scottie, where did you get the springs from? Rennick is telling me they are on a month backorder. I have the struts and body lift kit ready for my Outback, but can't seem to find the springs. BTW your Legacy looks great!:banana:

Yeah, it's fun having a car that stands out, gets some looks on the road! I got the springs from Rennick, and it took them 4 months to come in. They are the only ones around that sell them in the U.S. I had to delay the project for those months, it was hard to wait! And it took them twice as long as they said it would, so beware.

yes i guess they did, do those replace the strut mounts? I guess I just thought the attached to the strut mounts. so the strut is then hard mounted to the frame at the top? do that make it alot stiffer without the rubber in the original strut mounts?