Ultimate Subaru Message Board

on & off tires... why do difficult???

christopher G

I dont know if anyone has done any tire shopping lately.. but the selection sucks for 14" rims. Does any one have any recomendations on a good tire that is budget friendly?? I have done some searching and it looks that the LIB's from Walmart are completely unavailable. and mud terrain are out of the question for highway use.

I have lifted my loyale cut the fenders and put in an ea82 duel range tranny so I know I can fit a 27 or 28 but it looks like I have to go metric radial... BARF!!!!

this is my daily driver but I still want to hit the trails and not but "up the creek"

any great ideas would be great without getting 15" wheels.

I am so frustrated with this whole tire thing because it looks like I cant get what I am looking for without spending $1000 that I dont have.:dead:

Personally I think you need to decide exactly how much off road you will be doing. I go wheeling about 3-4 time a year... yeah, I just don't have the time. I got some Wal-terrain Liberators and for my mostly highway use they have served me well.... but when I go to buy tires again, I'll get something maybe even a bit less aggressive.. Although I like the libs a lot. If you think you'll make it to the trails once a month... and DD the car the rest of the time, really weight how much you really need the tires... if you go once a week, consider not using the car as a DD or getting a more aggressive tire and buying new ones more often...

or just go 15", it's not that expensive:-p

P.S. Check out Telstar Turbostar RVs... they have a 27x8.50R14LT and have a liberator style tread.