Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What are driving lights?

:headbang: Dude that is nice! and i assume by your plates you are a carver! even better! ever make it out for the Expression Session?:banana:

Take another look. It says caver. I think he uses that heavy duty bumper to lower the whole car down into the caves to go 4x4 spelunking.

Take another look. It says caver. I think he uses that heavy duty bumper to lower the whole car down into the caves to go 4x4 spelunking.

Lower the front end down? it only weighs like 20lbs more than stock :-p

I use it.. for running into things.. and whatever people use tube bumper for ;)

Lower the front end down? it only weighs like 20lbs more than stock :-p

I use it.. for running into things.. and whatever people use tube bumper for ;)

Well, I really envisioned some sort of device (like a super duper heavy duty warn winch) to allow the whole car to decend into the depths :)

Yeah, running into things and not hurtin' the car would be awsome.:banana:

Plastic bumpers just aren't very good for that, they tend to be toooooooo forgiving:mad:

Allied Armement has the FORCE BUMPER for like 7 bills. Can't wait til I have an EXTRA $700.00:eek:

Besides, it would give me more room for LIGHTS:banana:

100_7182.jpg

Broke one this last weekend horsin' around with the SubaruOutback.org guys.:headbang:

Well, I really envisioned some sort of device (like a super duper heavy duty warn winch) to allow the whole car to decend into the depths :)

I'll get right on that... once i put the transmission back in it... and yeah, the plastic bumper covers don't last very long if you play hard... at one point mine was held on by just zipties... and would flap at speed.. so i fixed the problem :rolleyes:

and 700 bucks.. that's better than what mudrat wanted. but.. to give you some prospective, when i built it 2 years ago(ish) the steel cost me $117 even. And a whooolllee lot of time designing/calculating/building

You've gotta' keep those lights up high, so you don't break them, the roof is a good place ;)