Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have since discovered what it feels like to spear the left front corner of the imp into a cadilacs driver-side A pillar.

The subaru took a terrible pounding in a collision a couple of weeks ago.

It has already been repaired by a dealer authorized body shop.

With $4500 worth of parts $7600 after labor, and it looks great! :-)

Also the Alignment specs appear impeccable!

I was also told that the sub frame components were never altered.

Subaru coolant additive used in fresh rad fluids.

Even the hoods clear-coat appears to have that plastic like gloss I remember.

Interesting to note how the Subaru front bumper rail has hinged corners designed to redirect force upon impact.

Will be test driving it some more and will verify all is well but it is at least a relief

that it has progressed so far back to normal.

:)

post-21857-136027625176_thumb.jpg

post-21857-136027625184_thumb.jpg

post-21857-13602762519_thumb.jpg

post-21857-136027625196_thumb.jpg

With modern technology, equipment, and properly trained staff, there is no reason a crashed car can't be made better than new.

It may rust "strangely" in the repaired frame areas if corners were cut in the rustproofing, but that won't be evident for years, and "reputable" shops WON'T cut those corners.

lol that "Cadillac" is an Opel something or other (might be a Vauxhaull but can't remember) with Cadillac logos and interior :-P

The car that was hit is an Opel Omega in Europe and a Vauxhaull Omega in the UK. Current Saturns are becoming rebadged GM Europe cars.

Good not anything really bad happened. Drove an Opel Omega for 4 years those things weigh 1800 kgs :eek: (station though which is not sold overseas). Good repear.

Just heard dad getting his 05OBW back for 100k km service (1600 euros) on propane now harm at all car runs like new.

Hi this happened two weeks ago I was in the middle of a left hand turn during a yellow light which became a red light which the silly nob drove through.

I was in shock and didn't know what to do for several minutes. The other driver wanted me to go to the collision centre to report it but I insisted we call the cops and have a proper report done on the spot.

The Cop took my side of the story, so he put the other driver in the at fault or left column on the report, and incidentally the nob denied all wrong doing. The Cop said that because nobody stayed to witness he couldn't charge the guy ( rush hour ). Better than nothing I suppose.

Yes I could have driven it but I was afraid the airbags would explode in my face so I had it towed.

The alignment of the car wasn't even disturbed!

And yes the Caddy that Zigged as the ad put it was probably a wright off.

We really hit hard. I was impressed by the hole the subie poked into one of the strongest parts of that car without sustaining structural damage to the frame or sub frame.

Accident 8:25 Driver reports time acurately because he is late for work and rushing. Driver reports that during the whole time of the accedent the coffee he had in hand was never spilt. Driver reports to the police officer that he changed lanes just before the intersection. He was initially behind a car in the inside lane who was already stoped at the yellow light. By the time the driver changed lanes and entered the intersection the light had aready turned red. The driver not only took a chance racing to get through the intersection he did so blindly because as as he was passing this stopped car he would have been unable to see my car proceeding through the intersection. The driver tried to drive arround me after he reallized the collision was immanent. The front left corner of my vehicle hit the surface imediately behind the drivers front left wheel well.

• 2 weeks later...