Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Should I get a 360??

I thought you had to be shorter than 5'8" to drive a 360?

I'm 6'2" and fit in mine just fine. It's a little tight getting in, but lots of headroom once your in. I drive mine almost every day, it's a great car. It won't fit in a baja, but will fit in a fullsize 8 foot bed pickup, it almost fits in my suburban.

If you want to get one join the 360 club at http://www.subaru360club.org

Most of the parts problems have been figured out already. Very few parts are still available from subaru. I did get axle seals from subaru and I know you can get an air filter still. Other than that it's mostly nuts and bolts that still have good part numbers.

I have one that I'm going to sell. I got it for parts, and switched some that were better from my good one. It's 95% complete but needs bodywork and floor repairs. I am going to be sure it runs for the next owner. I want $500 for it, but won't sell it to somebody who will part it out. I know it's worth a lot more than that on ebay in parts, but don't want to see that happen to it.

if you ever plan on selling ANYTHING subaru 360 related on ebay do not join the club, it will cause you alot of headaches. Ed is a big PITA and thinks just because he has ran the club since the late 70s, everybody has to obey him if you own a 360.

i have a few manuals and a complete book of reprints from the club before Ed kicked me out for selling on ebay (even though all the parts i sold were from other sources NOT from the club)the book of reprints is the bible for 360s and will tell you pretty much everything you could ever need to know about them. i doubt i`ll ever buy another one, so if you want what i have, i'd sell it to you. (cheap+shipping) the reprints book cost about $50, but i`d sell it for a fraction of that and throw in the other manuals.

if you ever plan on selling ANYTHING subaru 360 related on ebay do not join the club, it will cause you alot of headaches. Ed is a big PITA and thinks just because he has ran the club since the late 70s, everybody has to obey him if you own a 360.

i have a few manuals and a complete book of reprints from the club before Ed kicked me out for selling on ebay (even though all the parts i sold were from other sources NOT from the club)the book of reprints is the bible for 360s and will tell you pretty much everything you could ever need to know about them. i doubt i`ll ever buy another one, so if you want what i have, i'd sell it to you. (cheap+shipping) the reprints book cost about $50, but i`d sell it for a fraction of that and throw in the other manuals.

Ed is a good guy and has helped me out a lot. I would never have got my 360 to the point it is at now without Ed and the 360 club. Selling 360 parts on Ebay will get you kicked out of the club for sure, just the way it is.

And my wife saw the 360 and was like "its so cute you should get one"

Okay You got permission to buy a car from your wife why are you asking the board if you should get one. You should already have one in the garage the moment she mentioned you could have it. :-p

I think they are "cute" too:headbang:

• 4 weeks later...

Those are Very Nice & Cute 360`s ... I Like `em! :)

Let me tell you about the "Chery QQ" ... Have you Heard `bout it?

Some Chinese car Makers, are Doin` "copies" of Great cars, here we got some of those Chinese cars, we got in the Market, Cars almost alike the new Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, Isuzu`s Pick Ups, etc... with Brands like "FAW 1" , "Dong Feng" , "Geely" , "Chery", etc...

And the "New Subaru 360" (the Subaru Elten) was copied -Almost- as the "Chery QQ".

See:

The "Subaru Elten" (new 360):

subaru_elten_01.jpg?t=1195490241SubaruEltenNew360.jpg?t=1195490336

The "Chery QQ":

CheryQQ-1.jpg?t=1195490271

With minor Differences... :eek: ...it Still got the "Smile"

For More about Chery, see:

http://www.chinamobil.ru/chery/