Ultimate Subaru Message Board

holy grail and build up questions

Uberoo

The holy grail part I found some 6.00X14 tractor tires.They are roughly 26" tall and on a 14" rim.They are for a tractor so one tire can hold up like 1800lbs at 5 PSI.So no problem running them on a subi (or a fullsize truck for that matter).

Best of all they should be sub 100 a piece probally about 80-90 a tire.All you need after that is some 14" rims that can be adapted to fit subie-any 14" 6 hole import or chevy rim,or pugs.Better solution than running ATV tires.Plus the tread is about 1.5" deep.

Ok now that over with,on to the second part.I am building an EA81 wagon DR 4x4 for offroad.The front is bashed up,so the fenders will be gone.The body is RUSTY.It also doesnt have a title.So it will be trailered to offroad area.Any ideas on mods?:lol: I will run it on the tractor tires above with some 14" mazda rims.And I plan to remove ALL unnessary weight.so any ideas for mods?It isnt really going to have an exhaust.

I can't find a link to them.Les scwabs site doesnt show sizes avaiable.Just go down to your local les scwab and ask for really small tractor tires 6.00X14 R1 to be exact.They are about 26" tall so they should be perfect for an EA81(still have gearing and all).You might have to do some fender clearancing or a small lift.

oh yea the 344 was after the $24 of tax.where I ordered mine the tires themselves came out to be 317.These tires are not street legal,so you will have to find another set of rims to run them on.swap them out at the trail.I will post pics of them once I get the tires(monday!!!)

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got my toy home.I put it on a trailer and towed it home,through snow/ice storms and down steep hills but its home non the less.I couldnt keep it where it was because the farm it was at trusted my friend,but not quite me.My friend is moving so I had to bring it down because they dont trust me...Pics will hopefully be tommarow.Now the only problem is how can I get it back up to where I go 4wheeling...