Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wheel bolt patterns 4X100 vs 6X140.

s'ko

So I have some pretty sweet plans for the RX, but I don't want to be stuck w/using 4x140 wheels.

I know that some people have re-drilled their hubs to a 6 lug set up and I know there is a RX that was re-drilled for 4X100.

i am leaning more towards 4X100 b/c there are more sportier wheels available and b/c this is not going to be an offroader. From what I see 6X140 is mostly for trucks.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

http://www.crossbredperformance.com/index.html

have started up again under new ownership. Price is around $1200AUD a kit. Then you just need all the brakes and front knuckles plus suspension from an EJ with 4 wheel discs.

I have seen a couple of nice street rims for 6stud. But you'll get a much better selection in 4x100. Just depends on how much you want to spend. I don't think its cheap to get the hubs drilled in a totaly new pattern. But you never know I guess.

Some how I reckon it would be easier to drill them in a 4x114.3 (nissan old 4 lug and a few others.) It would just leave some more room for the process. Just might be an option anyhow.

As long a we are talking about redrilling hubs, why not just drill them to 5 lug? Balnce issue is the only thing I can think of

holy crap, you're a genius!!

indeed. while we're discussing modifying stock hubs. have just the rears modified for 5x100. and then ream out the ball joint holes....and then you're set for 5-lug using zero XT6 parts. sure, you don't get the larger '6 rear brakes, but you can put whatever your heart desires on the front. and better suspension too!