Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1988 gl value

Multi-million eh? And if this capitol is so liquid then why are you driving 4 year old Subaru's?

GD

I guess if you are well off financially you should'nt be driving a 4 year old Subaru? Huh? I can guarantee ya if I was alot better off in the $$$ department I wouldn't have anything new in my driveway, but maybe a couple of more "polished turds" or "virtually worthless automobliles"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gd your just sad you dont have a company like mine. and never will. so kiss my a$$:lol:

Hardly. Used to be a Software Engineer - both contract, and non. Don't want any part of it anymore.

I have no desire to deal with customers, and my time is my own. When I leave work I LEAVE work. See - I've been self-employed and I know the drawbacks to it. It wears people down till they are a used up shell. You will know nothing but work for most of your life and one day it will kill you. I've witnessed it first hand from several angles. There's very few business owners that can "give up" their business and just relax. It's a drive they have - and it leads to all sorts of problems. Failed relationships, high blood pressure, etc. All stemming from the feeling that no one can do it right but you - and that's reinforced every time someone screws something up.

So no, I'm not at all sad. But if it makes you feel better to think I am, then go right ahead. One more delusion can't possibly hurt.

GD

I can guarantee ya if I was alot better off in the $$$ department I wouldn't have anything new in my driveway.

Never said it had to be "new".

I probably wouldn't own a "new" car with only a couple exceptions either.

With 100 years of cars to choose from I fail to see why people always seem to need new cars. There's plenty of unique and wonderful automobiles out there - most can be had for a reasonable amount of money and won't depreciate much at all. Choose wisely and the value could rise dramatically. Sadly that's not the case for an 88 GL.

GD

See - I've been self-employed and I know the drawbacks to it.

Yeah.... me too... it's great in some ways, but you do tend to work 24/7.... which isn't so great for long term sanity...:dead:

On the other hand, working for someone else can drive you insane too :lol: (my current situation....)

And then there is being unemployed, which means you have loads of time... but has other drawbacks (namely, unhappy bank accounts) :eek:

All I want is a little time AND money to work on my subies..... :)

Anytime someone directly attacks you GD, you're ONLY defenses are smartass remarks.

I guess my mommy didn't coddle me enough. And I'm no bully - heck I didn't even ask for his lunch money!

Oh please - I wear pants, and I give flowers on mothers day.

Logic doesn't require ownership. I merely *understand* it, I don't *own* it.

Now of course that's just a silly statement. Money is simply a means to an end. I don't agree with his ends, money is only the way he got there. I wouldn't have agreed with him if he stole $7,000 worth of parts for it either. The fact that money is involved is only incidental.

Which is exactly why he shouldn't at all be surprised by my reaction. If he were smart he wouldn't have asked in the first place because the answer doesn't matter to him or anyone else apparently.

GD

I'm no psychologist, but it sounds more like a daddy situation rather than a mommy situation.

By definition, you do bully people.

Wearing pants and giving flowers on Mothers Day are EXAMPLES of decency and sentimentality, not definitions.

Allow me to rephrase, "The only logic that you understand is the only logic that you have chosen to familiarize yourself with. You seem to have made no attempt to investigate other points of view".

So you're concerned about the amount of work he has invested in his ride? It is still none of your concern.

He was asking for a source to get an approximate value other than KBB.

He wasn't asking how $7000 worth of upgrades was going to effect it's value. He even stated in his original post that it would never be sold.

Well, judging by your spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, lack of clarity, and excellent money handling skills I predict you won't have a business for long - let alone a multi-million dollar one.

I certainly am not seeing the blinding intellect in this one.... anyone else who can? Sounds like a flash-in-the-pan success story that quite possibly will end badly.... if in fact it's not wholly made up in the first place. :rolleyes:

There's a reason that people who came from money are rarely left in the poor-house. They know what to do with it.

GD

Whatever the real story behind the OP's life, whether he actually owns a business or has come up with a ficticious business to front an on-line persona, has no bearing on the question. Heck, I'd still be driving my car if I had plenty of money to burn. My car gets attention. Attention unlike any lifted toyota, jeep or chevy does. It's because it's the only one like it in a huge area. You may not like EA82 body's, that's your personal preferance. I like them, I find them perfectly servicable, and once you ditch the origonal engine, they actually perform pretty well.

Calling the OP a immature, young, stupid, gauranteed flash in the pan is pointless. It may make you feel like a man for the 30 seconds it took you to write and post it, but seriously, who gives a fu ck what you think about his life plan? Keep that to yourself.

Oh, and the reason most brats born into money don't end up on welfare? TRUST FUNDS. Have you never heard of a succesful company run into the ground because the owner handed it over to his son's? I can name a few off the top of my head, my freshest example is a buddy of mine, top salesman years running, who was laid off because the company he worked for found the accounts had been drained to pay for the inheriting sons' lavish trips and other expenses. Great management style, burn the money on fun stuff and then make sure you make lots of future income by laying off the sales staff.

Always remember that half of the people in this country are below average. You can't trust the government, but you sure as hell can't trust the "people" either.

In answer to the origional question: The only way to find out the value is to have a liscenced appraiser look at the car and the documentation to go with it. End of story. No online fix for that one.

Getting back on topic:

I wuld love to see some pics of this car:grin: ( I have EA82 wagon lust)

And I can also say..I have well into the $2K mark so far invested in my ratty old XT6 and alot more planned ( frame repair etc)..all going into a car that will doubtfully make the true collector list and go up in value...I do it cause I want to and its a cool car.

NOT THAT ITS ANY OF YOUR BISS(GD). BUT MY COMPANY'S NAME IS MISSING LINK INTERNET WWW.MISSINGLINKISP.COM. MY COSTOMERS ARE HAPPY AND MY RATES ARE LOWER THAN ANY OTHER LOCAL ISP.I AM IN NO DANGER OF CLOSING!I realy dont care if you belive I have the sales I do, or not (gd). But I give you my company info to show everyone just how much of an a$$ you are. I am making a web site for it and will post soon. It is the car in my avatar.And as I said I have newer cars/trucks but they arent ru's.Although I don't see why that matters to you.I like my 04 ru it has low miles and is spotless. Since it's winter thats the main car i'm using most right now. I don't understand why you have to attack me because I spent money on my ru.If I had just said I upgraded it and not said how much it cost, would you have attacked me? I can't help but think you attacked me just because I have the money to spend and you(gd) don't.

gd-Hardly. Used to be a Software Engineer - both contract, and non. Don't want any part of it anymore.

I have no desire to deal with customers, and my time is my own. When I leave work I LEAVE work. See - I've been self-employed and I know the drawbacks to it. It wears people down till they are a used up shell. You will know nothing but work for most of your life and one day it will kill you. I've witnessed it first hand from several angles. There's very few business owners that can "give up" their business and just relax. It's a drive they have - and it leads to all sorts of problems. Failed relationships, high blood pressure, etc. All stemming from the feeling that no one can do it right but you - and that's reinforced every time someone screws something up.

So no, I'm not at all sad. But if it makes you feel better to think I am, then go right ahead. One more delusion can't possibly hurt.

GD

DIDN'T LIKE IT? OR IS IT MORE LIKLY YOU COULD'NT HANDLE IT, DUE TO YOUR WONDERFUL PEOPLE SKILLS! LOL:Flame:

This entire post is getting nowhere.

Silver, please post a new thread linking to the web site for your car.

I am sure many people will want to see it.

If you would be so kind as to include the appraised value

it would be most appreciated.