Ultimate Subaru Message Board

and guess what? I asked them about their new up and coming turbo diesel powerplant that they are releasing this year

here is subaru's reply to my inquires...

"Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for your interest in Subaru products. The plan is to introduce a turbo-diesel powered model in Europe next year. Once this model is on the market in Europe, our manufacturer will review the sales results, performance and feedback from owners. At that time, a decision will be made as to whether or not to offer this model in the US. It would have to be modified to meet the stricter standards of the US government.

We do appreciate that you brought this interest to our attention. I have forwarded your message to our Product Planning Department as a suggestion to offer turbo-diesel Subaru models in the United States and as soon as possible.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance. If you need any future assistance, please let us know. "

product is driven by supply and demand so lets get the word out!!!

we want the boxer turbo diesel in AMERICA!!!!:headbang::slobber::clap:

yes I agree, we need to cooperate and do all that we can to voice the presence of a need for this platform. We need that design in the US of A. I believe it is truely inspirational. Look for small diesels in america,.......they practically don't exist. We need them to exist with a noticable presence. and especially the key things you hit on, awd or 4x4.....I personally would prefer a part time 4x4 system like the early roo's but hey, I'll take what I can get at this point.

spread the word folks........lets let our desires be known......subaru boxer turbo diesel please!!!!!!!

motor_boxer_diesel_subaru_1.jpg

Many modern diesels, even the 6.7 Cummins are very very quiet, you can hardly tell they're a diesel from a distance. I wouldn't be surprised if a few gas station owners paid to replace a few engines in the near future when their customers don't tell them "Fill with Diesel"

Won't be a problem outside of your state. :-p

Last time I filled up in Oregon, I pulled up to the station, and the attendant looks at my subaru and says to me "that's the ugliest car I've ever seen". Retard.

THe new 6.7 liter cummins dodge trucks don't sound like diesel's any more -- my old mazda pickup with a small exhaust leak is way louder.