Ultimate Subaru Message Board

racing clutch

on spec clutches they only give u under 1800 cc options. 85-91 years. i have a 94 loyale. still same motor, they should still work right? im doin the ej swap with 2.5 heads with 12 psi. i need a good clutch that wont slip under boost. i was lookin at spec stage 2. it should work and hold up good right? i have the 4x4 loyale, i know the clutches r dif. so do they offer the 4x4 clutch?

Short, sweet and to the point.

GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d8efe530f-ce0b-4ebd-b684-84d628c1cb16.jpg%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d%26name%3dZW1haWwgY2x1dGNobmV0IG5ldzExMTExMS5qcGc_3d%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253aA9EE3B3C-6D14-4A90-A33C-7C36045D5281&oneredir=1&ip=10.6.1.167&d=d304&mf=0

Galen,

We still make them.

-------Original Message-------

Date: 1/18/2008 11:45:05 AM

To: sales@clutchnet.com

Subject: Old School Subaru Clutches

You used to carry tons of clutches for older Subaru models like the BRAT, XT6, GL, etc. Did you stop carrying those? I'm looking for an XT6 PP and friction disc.

i think that is the clutch from brake and clutch of ashville.

Stage 2, kevlar, 8 puck, sprung hub

clutch_wjm.jpg

WJM hooked me up with this custom job from some clutch shop.

I have used it to get moving in 3rd gear.

had it mated with a Sachs XT6 pressure plate from Precison Driveline, theclutchplace@aol.com, part# SC726, ~120 shipped

like i was told before and like ive said a few times

What you need is the 'stage 2' stuff.

Call Roger at Brake and clutch of asheville:

1-828-252-6470

ask for the stage 2 clutch for the 4wd Loyale

quoted from a pm with wjm, i think.

i think i paid like $190 for the whole kit, clutch disc, pressure plate, throw out bearing and pilot bearing. i think that is what i paid, might have been a little more, but i remeber that it was less than the stock replacement from advance auto parts or autozone.

either way, talk to roger, he is good people.

umm how do u know? lol

k so are the spec clutches also only made for the 4wd cars? i emailed them and they just sent me to the same page. and never answered my ? i dont want to end up payin 300 for the complete kit and get it. then oops its for the fwd cars only.

Personally I would stay away from Spec products. I had a very bad experience with their kevlar clutches disintegrating in my Legacy. They then proceeded to stop responding to my e-mails after kept having trouble with the warrantied one.

But that's a heavier car, YMMV.