Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Look what we got

Bad news. We went to pick up the car today. After a 2 hour drive we found out it's got major rust.

The quarters were all rusty the lip was gone completly. The bottom few inches of the fenders were completly gone. The fenders were just flapping in the breeze, the bottoms weren't connected anymore. The rocker panels under the doors were getting ready to go too.

We backed out of the deal. If anyone wants a rusty hatch for $1500, I'll give you all the info. We kinda wanted to get a nice one.

Bad news. We went to pick up the car today. After a 2 hour drive we found out it's got major rust.

The quarters were all rusty the lip was gone completly. The bottom few inches of the fenders were completly gone. The fenders were just flapping in the breeze, the bottoms weren't connected anymore. The rocker panels under the doors were getting ready to go too.

We backed out of the deal. If anyone wants a rusty hatch for $1500, I'll give you all the info. We kinda wanted to get a nice one.

:(

sad that it turned to be a POS but at least they let you back out. sure looked like it was nice, but when you polish a turd, you still end up with a turd

It was kind of sad. It looked a lot better in the pics. I think the seller got the shadows just right to hide the rust. Someday we will find a nice EA81 hatch or wagon.

But to make us feel a little better I think we are getting a wrx soon. I don't want to jinx myself by telling all the details but it's an amazing deal, I never expected to be able to afford one.

:(

sad that it turned to be a POS but at least they let you back out. sure looked like it was nice, but when you polish a turd, you still end up with a turd

They didn't actually let us out. We just told them we wouldn't take it. We never sent a deposit. It wasn't as described. He said expect a little rust. Fenders falling off is more than a little to me. I suppose he could leave my girlfriend a negative feedback if he wanted to.

that's a bit&ch. I hate when sellers don't advertise their stuff accurately. Do they think that you won;t notice all the bad stuff when you see it in person? :Flame::mad:

• 3 weeks later...

This looks like the same car, and for only $2500...:lol:

http://nh.craigslist.org/car/565225113.html

Yeah that's the one. It's rusted bad. Probably couldn't get it past state inspection there. It would never pass here in PA. Wonder how much he paid for it. The dealer was giving us some story about how some guy was willing to pay $1800 for it, if we didn't want it.

Yeah that's the one. It's rusted bad. Probably couldn't get it past state inspection there. It would never pass here in PA. Wonder how much he paid for it. The dealer was giving us some story about how some guy was willing to pay $1800 for it, if we didn't want it.

It's too bad it's rusted out, I would love to have one of those little cars. Right now I'm driving my F-250 diesel, and the cost of fuel for it is killing me....$3.80 per gallon....ouch!!! I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

wow - this will be awesome. when you find another hatch - park it right next to the burban. have her sit in one - take photo - sit in the other - take photo. then splice them together. that would be awesome!

She's been driving my suburban around lately and that is the worst on gas, like 10 mpg with a lift and 33's.

something funny about burban with a lift to a hatch....

a guy i know wanted to sell his hatch last year. it's an 88 with only 80,000 miles on it and other than the interior being beat is in great shape - no rust somehow. but it's FWD. if you're interested let me know and i'll shoot him an email.

wow - this will be awesome. when you find another hatch - park it right next to the burban. have her sit in one - take photo - sit in the other - take photo. then splice them together. that would be awesome!

something funny about burban with a lift to a hatch....

a guy i know wanted to sell his hatch last year. it's an 88 with only 80,000 miles on it and other than the interior being beat is in great shape - no rust somehow. but it's FWD. if you're interested let me know and i'll shoot him an email.

Right after the disapointment of the rusty hatch we got the WRX. It's awesome and was the deal of a lifetime. She's been driving that around a lot. She doesn't like the 5 speed, although I think she drives it just fine.

She wants a hatch or a wagon, 87 or older hatch or 84 or older wagon. She really wants a 4wd auto. The hatch in this thread was going to get an EJ22/4eat swap, but we never got it since it was so rusty.

Right after the disapointment of the rusty hatch we got the WRX. It's awesome and was the deal of a lifetime. She's been driving that around a lot. She doesn't like the 5 speed, although I think she drives it just fine.

She wants a hatch or a wagon, 87 or older hatch or 84 or older wagon. She really wants a 4wd auto. The hatch in this thread was going to get an EJ22/4eat swap, but we never got it since it was so rusty.

Sad about the hatch. I got stiffed last fall buying a Honda on Ebay from a dealer in Long Island NY. Drove out there to pick up the car and they couldn't find the title. 7 hours of wasted time, not to mention gas money, and they wouldn't even give me my deposit back until Paypal suspended their account for it.

There was a guy from Pottsville that had a rust free fairly low miles 84 wagon for sale a few months ago. (Cole098) I think it was a 4 speed d/r, but I've got a low miles 4wd auto trans for it if you'd want to swap it. I had been talking with him for a while and I don't think he ever sold it. It sounded like a nice one.