Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Slideshow of my old Brumby

Cheers guys.

Theres a few reasons I sold it.

Some of the main ones were:

I'm a builder, I enjoy building the cars up. I do not enjoy fixing them so much.

My level of offroad was too much for the little Brumby. I kept trying things a Subaru shouldn't (my brother owns a 4runner with twin lockers and 35" MickyT's, try to keep up with that.)

I wasn't using the tray, and I wanted a 4 seat car.

I'm happy the car sold. And I'm sad of cause. I didn't get what I wanted to start off with but I guess I got a decent price in the end. I want to come back to Subaru again sometime. Maybe when I have enough money for a junker car I can just trash and enjoy and still have a good road car. As for my next car I would love to get an Imp, put a 2.2 or turbo'd EJ in it, 4" lift, AT's, and D/R 4.11/1.59:1 AWD gearbox. But we'll see on that, it won't be able to tow my offroad buggies so it might be a later project.

Theres quite a few other photo's of mods I done on her that didn't get in that slideshow due to how long it was getting. And I think there are some in there that aren't in time order. But mostly it is a chronological order of what we went through.

Still not missing it much. I guess I've got a lot of other things to think about.

I've had a couple of people tell me they almost cried watching that slide show. When I made it I started off trying to not make it emotional. But about 20seconds into it I started writing emotional things. Just happened.

I've gone and done a really stupid thing now and bought a very expensive laptop with a lot of what I got for it. But Still have enough dough for another car when I figure out what to buy.

For offroad I think I'm just going to stick with the trailer rigs/buggies for a bit. I really did get fed up with fixing broken stuff all the time.

For offroad I think I'm just going to stick with the trailer rigs/buggies for a bit. I really did get fed up with fixing broken stuff all the time.

I've only had these things break more than any Subaru I've had. You'll see that things break on anything, no matter what the platform.

Cool video though:popcorn:. I like the bumper.

Not that I'm trying to get away from breaking, its just when your only car breaks (I can only afford to keep one car on the road) it is a bit much. Last time I took it out, I had to leave it (300km away). Not fun.

If I can get a reliable nice car that can tow, then I can smash anything else up and not worry.