Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I worked at Denso for a year long Engineering Coop...and will probably end up getting a job there when I graduate in December. One thing that they strive on is quality! That is the main focus of anything they make. And as posted before they started out as a Toyota only manufacturer, but now they make OEM parts for most Japanese Manufactures plus now some USDM...I know of GM for sure. So I don't think you could go wrong.

Yes, Denso has an excellent reputation for quality. However, I have never seen their oil filters for sale on a retail basis. Where can they be sourced?

They're available here http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?D=denso+oil+filter&Ntt=denso+oil+filter&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Main&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=1719&Nty=1

They come with two different parts numbers; one at $4.95 each and the other at $6.95 each, but both fit the same Subes.

The filters for $4.95 have 8 smaller oil outlet holes in the metal plate and seem to be a bit larger overall, and the $6.95 filters have 6 larger holes in the plate but seem to be a bit smaller overall.

Dunno, maybe the $6.95 filters correspond to Subaru's later filters? Are they superior in any way to the $4.95 ones?

Anyway, the prices seem quite good....and free shipping with orders over $50.

Dont hold me to this but I think thats who is making the current Subaru genuine filters. Ill try to check one at work to see if it says.

It wouldnt surprise me after the purchase of shares of Subaru stock by Toyota a couple years ago?

• 2 years later...

I asked the guys on BITOG on whether the black Denso oil filters meet the Subaru-spec bypass-valve setting... but with no answer regarding that :/

Anyone know if Denso offers their oil filters in the Subaru-spec bypass valve? What concerns me is that the part number that is for my Subaru (with an EJ25D) [ Denso part number 150-1006] seems to be a universal fit oil filter for more than just Subarus. By this logic, I would presume it is the "typical" 10-12PSI.

Anyone know if it meets the Subaru-spec 20-ish bypass-valve setting? I know I'm being a little too nitpicky, but I feel better knowing my Subaru is running a proper oil filter.

I know the blue Subaru Honeywell OEM oil filters do fine, but I want an oil filter that is more robust than the acceptable Honeywell-made Subaru oil filters (besides the Purolator), but has the Subaru-spec valve. Only other one I know that would is that damned-expensive STI Sports Oil filter, which costs about $45 each to be shipped from Japan (I would only pay that kind of money if I had a REAL job).

If nobody knows, is anyone willing to buy a Denso 150-1006 and see if the valve opens at the Subaru spec???