Ultimate Subaru Message Board

YOWZER!! So THATS what the flappy compartment is for!

So it's taken me 4 years of owning brats to realize that the purpose of that little flappy compartment on the sode of the bed is a FLIPPIN STEP to get into the bed!?!?!?! Radical.....I always just shove dog treats in there and watch my dog try to get them out while laughing my butt off... who knew there was a BETTER use for it!!!:banana:

I dont understand I have a brumby and have never seen a "flappy compartment on the side" what are you talking about? optional extra?

Look at this picture. Right in front of the rear tire is the door they're talking about. Can't really see on that picture, but it says "4WD" on it, in white. I don't think the Gen 1 Brats had it.

Somebody probably has a better picture for you.

I dont understand I have a brumby and have never seen a "flappy compartment on the side" what are you talking about? optional extra?

Aussie Brumby's didn't have them because there were no seats in the bed. They're an access step so you can climb into the bed without having to open the tail gate.