Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Subaru Commercial With Brat

They'd have done a much better job just showing up at one location here in CT.

Pretty sure a couple board members would agree.

Should be some pics of the place back in my gallery. ff-1 ,70's Stage I , 70's Stage II ,70's 4WD ,Gen I BRAT ,Hatchbacks ,EA81 wagons ,EA82's ,RX ,XT's ,Legacys -both 90's styles and several stuffed with PARTS FROM SUBARUS FROM THE 360 thru ff-1 thru the 70's and 80's. Even some New Old Stock pieces in a couple.

:cool:

AND Connecticut strokes the film industry these days with incentives and tax breaks.

Sorry guys,close but no cigar. Like I said earlier.

Gassed up just now.How about you? Hmm,mine was $3.89 for regular 87. High-test was $4.09.Pretty sure down in Greenwich and Darien it'll be $4.89 or so for 92 octane. Those are towns I make sure I won't have to stop for gas in.

I need 17" wheels and all wheel drive on dry pavement 90% of the time? gimme a break.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's a brilliant article. they really have captured "our" mentality to our cars.

sure, that forester looks like it had a lot of life left in it (being that it was driven for 3 days to get there) but they still get the point across.

most subaru owners aren't just owners, but enthusiasts. A cold air intake and a park bench on your trunk isn't the only thing that makes you an "enthusiast". Subaru and their new ad agency finally got our message that when you own one of these cars they become a part of your life and actually can change your views on your daily routine, such as actually enjoying and looking forward to the daily commute to and from work.

that part in the article "..parked for the last time" hits home with a lot of us "enthusiasts" because we've done it. we've had to take "the walk" away from a car that's been a part of our lives for so long. But, we also know that "the long walk away" from your car after you've parked it for the last time mean that there's a new car in our future, and a new opportunity to start over and do it all again.

now...enough mushyness over a car commercial...time for dancing bananas.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Since we tend to yell at them alot, i figured i would email subaru a compliment about the commercial.

Subaru's Response:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for your kind comments regarding our new commercial, which I will detail below even though you got the meaning of the commercial 'right on the head!!!!'

The following is true in general. But, it is especially true when people contact us about our commercials:

As you can imagine, many people tend to contact a company only when they are unhappy about a particular situation. We find that it takes a very special person to take the time to send a compliment about a product or service that has given such great satisfaction.

Joe (yes now you all know my name and i must kill you-nipper)- you have made my day. Thank you very much for your time and comments, which by the way have been forwarded to our Marketing Department.

Best wishes,

John J. Mergen

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

what was the message your sent, Joe?

what was the message your sent, Joe?

I dont have the copy since it was sent via their webstie, and i deleated the response. I basically said that they hit the feeling we have about subarus right on the nose.

nipper

I dont have the copy since it was sent via their webstie, and i deleated the response. I basically said that they hit the feeling we have about subarus right on the nose.

nipper

i see, very good. and sorry, had to do it once. it's too weird calling you joe; it won't happen again.

I actually got into an e-argument with Jim a couple years ago (yes, same guy, same name) about how the AWD system worked on my 96 Legacy LS 4eat. He wouldn't give me a straight answer.

basically my question was if the AWD transferred power only front to rear or if it transferred side to side as well. he basically just kept saying, "wheels that slip to wheels that grip".

i see, very good. and sorry, had to do it once. it's too weird calling you joe; it won't happen again.

I actually got into an e-argument with Jim a couple years ago (yes, same guy, same name) about how the AWD system worked on my 96 Legacy LS 4eat. He wouldn't give me a straight answer.

basically my question was if the AWD transferred power only front to rear or if it transferred side to side as well. he basically just kept saying, "wheels that slip to wheels that grip".

well marketing people arent engineers :)

(and we should all be thankful)

nipper