Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well, it's a year later and it's easier to look at since the driver has now significantly recovered from her injuries. The damage was from a baby moose that had roamed out onto the Merritt Pkwy in CT.

Thankful for airbags.

Wear your seatbelts ladies and gents!

post-643-136027628181_thumb.jpg

There are moose in CT?

I did not know that.

Yup, this baby moose was wandering around lower Fairfield county on golf courses and in back yards for days. The wildlife folks were trying to tranquilize and relocate it and instead chased it onto the Merritt Pkwy. where my friend happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Fortunately, she doesn't remember the incident.

BTW For those who remember the members on the Old Gen Subie site, Moosens is from Ct.;)

about 9 years ago my dad and I hit a moose in his '84 wagon:( on highway 95 in north idaho

right next to Silverwood theme park:banghead:

Yeah, driving down the road minding your own business and suddenly you're lap dancing with a moose! Yikes:eek:

about 9 years ago my dad and I hit a moose in his '84 wagon:( on highway 95 in north idaho

right next to Silverwood theme park:banghead:

Whoa! I've traveled 95 through there lots of times. Never had the misfortune to hit a moose!

• 2 months later...

Here in holland and germany they (road services) are advertising to not avoid collision with animals. Ok we dont have moose but Deer and Roodeers (:grin: other Roo species though) they are smaller. The problem is that usually half a meter from the road side there is a maze of trees. Its better to hit the animal than smack into the tree.

Wild unfalle it is in German though but moving images always impress :) crashing the deer with 40 km/h

http://www.adac.de/adactv/test_technik/Wildunfaelle.asp?ComponentID=214545&SourcePageID=214492

(there are also other cool movies, especially of minivans where the Renault passenger airbag fails, ah its French they never have been good car makers)