Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Had my 2003 Legacy parked overnight a couple nights ago and came back to this sight in the A.M...insurance info left in the windshield and an explanation that the driver didn't see the car when he backed up his trailer into it. D'OH!

Poor Subi.......... :(

subi1-1.jpg

subi2-1.jpg

Sorry to hear, but not beyond repair. Damage is the biggest worry of each car owner (and insurance company).

he didnt see it, well its quite camouflaged on the road though. Hope you will have it all sorted out soon, insurance is usually a horror to deal with.

You were more lucky than a man yesterday here in holland.

An minivan with an overloaded trailer (old american station car 2 tons orso), the trailer got sucked by the gust of a passing truck from oposite direction. The trailer went straight trough the car driving behind the truck. The car just looked like a opened can. The poor man did not make it.

Sorry to hear, but not beyond repair. Damage is the biggest worry of each car owner (and insurance company).

You were more lucky than a man yesterday here in holland.

An minivan with an overloaded trailer (old american station car 2 tons orso), the trailer got sucked by the gust of a passing truck from oposite direction. The trailer went straight trough the car driving behind the truck. The car just looked like a opened can. The poor man did not make it.

Oh my. That is tragic indeed. Cars unforunately are not indistructable...nor is the cargo they carry...Yeah, I will count my blessings on this one.

if it got any or combo of the roof, A pil, or B pil, or lower rocker it could almost be a total.

Estimator has yet to look at it. The cell phone camera pictures DO NOT do this damage justice - it is UGLY. Cosmetic damage to A-pillar at least.

A horrible sight indeed. The person who hit your beloved Suby may be a lousy driver but at least he is honest. Try not to be too hard on him, honesty and integrity should always be encouraged.

I told him that I was glad he'd left the info - especially with it being at night. Honesty IS a blessing these days! I am bummed out, but not angry in the slightest - this is nothing insurance can't fix.

A horrible sight indeed. The person who hit your beloved Suby may be a lousy driver but at least he is honest. Try not to be too hard on him, honesty and integrity should always be encouraged.

+1 I bet he felt just as bad as you when he saw the damage...... I wish there was more people out there like him.

I put some scratches on the right rear fender and rear passenger door of a very clean grey Civic more than a week ago (please dont ask me how). I left a very visible note (8.5 X 11) on his (her?) windshield with my adress and phone number. Then I called my insurance and gave them all the details I could gather (licence number, etc.).

Two hours later, I had to go out and saw that the Civic was no longer there.

The driver never called me!!!!!!

Maybe there's a God for honest people...

I put some scratches on the right rear fender and rear passenger door of a very clean grey Civic more than a week ago (please dont ask me how). I left a very visible note (8.5 X 11) on his (her?) windshield with my adress and phone number. Then I called my insurance and gave them all the details I could gather (licence number, etc.).

Two hours later, I had to go out and saw that the Civic was no longer there.

The driver never called me!!!!!!

Maybe there's a God for honest people...

more than likely the car you bumped was not insured and they didnt want to deal with it