Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need a picture

I am trying to gather some information for my BRAT. Does anybody have the original sticker on the driver side door above the door opener? I am either going to find another original sticker, or have one made. If anybody has one on a parts vehicle, I'd like to either buy it, or at least get a picture or scan of it. I know it's a very minor, minute part, but when I am done with my BRAT, I want it to be all there, like it was when new.

Thank You for helping me.

Jon

I am trying to gather some information for my BRAT. Does anybody have the original sticker on the driver side door above the door opener? I am either going to find another original sticker, or have one made. If anybody has one on a parts vehicle, I'd like to either buy it, or at least get a picture or scan of it. I know it's a very minor, minute part, but when I am done with my BRAT, I want it to be all there, like it was when new.

Thank You for helping me.

Jon

Couple of things.

One,I did sell on eBay,a set of blue door panels that had a VERY nice example of that sticker on it.

Two,I was going to contact a board member -SubaruTex and see if his company can produce a contact sheet with all those old decals the FHI and SOA folks stick on before they hit the showroom/lot.

"Caution Fan" , E-brake adjustment , "Do not let idle stick...." and the whole lot..

I think guys like you and myself would gladly pay the big ticket for the set up. You know how it is,set up is the cost,running them off is peanuts. And,only about 6 people here would actually buy a set. :-\

Meanwhile,I'll try to carry the camera and see if I can get a nice example for you.

Couple of things.

You know how it is,set up is the cost,running them off is peanuts. And,only about 6 people here would actually buy a set. :-\

Meanwhile,I'll try to carry the camera and see if I can get a nice example for you.

Yeah, set-up is expensive. Get me good pictures and exact measurements of the stickers and I can set them up... gratis. I did that for a living for 35 years.

Dang, Wish I had seem them. I did get a nice plaid blue seat back on eBay. That is one of the very few things I needed. I also need an antenna.....a crack head decided to use mine as a pipe while I was in Key West!

I would pay for the sticker, if someone could set it up and print it. Heck, I would buy the complete set (of the various ones, like caution, e brake adjustment, etc) if someone would make them!

Jon

Hey I'm the guy that bought those nice blue door panels that Moosens was talking about.

Jon, do you still need a picture? I haven't opened the box yet but it is pretty easy to get to. As for the antenna, I need one as well, but I think that you can find aftermarket replacements. You may even be able to use one from another car at the wrecking yard.

Seahag, that's a very kind offer. If you are going to make some reproduction stuff, please sign me up for a set.

Let me know,

Crabman

This is SO funny, ok, last night I was looking through ALL the bank deposit slips the previous owner used every time he did ANYTHING to the BRAT. There are like 10 slips with dates, mileage, and what was done. I got through that and looked in the dealer locator (I hadn't looked at before) and low and behold the sticker I was looking for, for the drivers door was stuck on the inside of the front cover of that book. It's still PERFECT! The guy that owned the BRAT before me was a FREAK about maintenance. He changed the oil sometimes every 300 miles......if it had been more than a couple months. I am SO lucky to have ended up with this BRAT! Thank You for the pictures though!

Jon

because they were such an inexpensive car, most of them were abused and neglected.

Anyways, that's hilarious about the sticker!

Crabman

I dont really think in relative terms these were inexpensive cars. And today's certainly are not cheap. Yet, this doesnt seem to be a factor for people they still abuse, ignore recommended or suggested maintenence (doesnt matter if its in the owners manual or the dealership/repair shop), and neglect these cars consistantly. Its sad that finding one that was cared for is a rarity. Heck, finding a 2003 that has all the maint done is rare for me to see.

People just do not do the math and people love to gamble because they got away with something for years on a previous one.