Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82t tear down pics and vid

so here the deal, i recycled a gl-10 sedan. i got the entire harness with no cut wires anywhere, and now have a running motor to put in my project wagon. once i had the wiring out i decided to have a little fun. i've never ran a motor just sitting on the floor so i tried and it worked.

heres the pics

the wagon waiting for a motor

small1.jpg

front fenders from the sedan for the wagon

small2.jpg

check out the meaty winter tires that came on the car

small3.jpg

heres the motor

small5.jpg

like the fuel system

small4.jpg

and heres the motor running

Hi This is Jerry, i built an engine stand for my 2.2 engine it had oil pressure gauge and the radaitor hook up. When i open up the front 2 barrels it would pick up the stand off the floor about 2 inches. It's really cool to see an engine running out of the car. Thanks Jerry

Very cool. You should hook the exhaust up to a hose venting outside if you are going to run it a lot. But there is no better way to prove it all works without putting it back in the car.

thanks, that motor is now in a wagon and run about as good as it did on the floor. im blaming all the crappy fuel its been running on. im hopping all it needs is some fresh fuel and a tune up to last for it a bit