Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fuel Injec and Axle compat Q

Will the fuel injectors from a 90 leg EJ22 5 speed work in a 90 leg EJ22 auto?

2nd Q

Will the front axles from a 90 leg 5 speed awd work on a 90 leg auto 2wd?

Thanks for any help

I know that the injectors will work.....its the same motor the tranny doesn't matter and I'm pretty sure the axles are the same as long as one isn't turbo. But I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.:)

I second the injectors will work. IIR I've had problems with those old injectors. I forget of the grey ones or red ones are worse. But I definately used to have issues with them. And they aren't a whole lot of fun to replace - or I never developed the knack of doing it. I do recall that hose pliers are your friend!

If you're in a hurry about the axles - call the local auto parts and see if they have the same part# - or look them up online.

Dave

Axles should be compatible...most axle places list the same one for 90-99, all transmissions.

The injectors are different, but may swap just fine. If you swap the whole fuel rail, you shouldn't have any trouble at all, but I can't guarantee the injectors from one can go into the other fuel rail.