Ultimate Subaru Message Board

?? does subaru make a V6 forester???

My computer loads so slow on the subaru web site so I figure its easier to ask you guys if they make a forester in a V6 model.. if so what years???? I know they make it in a outback, does anybody know what years in outbacks they started making a V6?? and was it limited to the LL Bean model only???

And finally what is everyone ones opinion on the V6 engine??? Thanks Joe

Originally posted by cole098

My computer loads so slow on the subaru web site so I figure its easier to ask you guys if they make a forester in a V6 model.. if so what years???? I know they make it in a outback, does anybody know what years in outbacks they started making a V6?? and was it limited to the LL Bean model only???

And finally what is everyone ones opinion on the V6 engine??? Thanks Joe

All Subaru engines are horizontally opposed (no "V" engines). In the US, the H6 is only offered in the high-end Legacy Outback.

There is a 2004 US model Forester with an available turbocharged 2.5l four, that makes as much or more power than most V-6's.

Originally posted by GeneralDisorder

Subaru calls their six an H6. And there may be an H6 forester eventually - who knows - the H6 isn't turbocharged tho, and the 2.5T in the 2004 is more powerful anyway....

GD

This Subaru is known as the MY04 XT Forester to help you in your search etc.

Dave its doing ok... still looking for a nice non ripped Low back style front driver seat....

I needs some attention like possible wheel bearings front left and maybe a new half shaft on one side.... I use it around pottsville and to Reading if it snows... So I dont use her as a daily driver... Im goona por-15 the underside in the spring as well as remove the front fenders and por-15 all that as well as the door seams and even inside the doors... She has a few dents but the paint is good and she still looks good..

Im hope Moosens will sell me his plow setup..... I was unable to locate that plow in the Haven area... I have driven that road many times and I know where that field is you saw it in.. Im hoping one day to catch someone outside and strike up a conversation... You still looking for a EA81 car, wagon, hatch or Brat?????

Are you thinking of adding a Forrester to the stable?

I'm sure you have been in all the local yards looking for seats, but I'll keep my eyes open if I get out. What color are you looking for?

I'm looking at some bearing jobs on both of mine and have been talking to Benebob about helping with his Brat and XT6. Keep in touch about yours. Depending on how quickly you get to it I will either be looking to learn or may already know how to do them.

With the addition of the SVX, I've stopped my search for a Brat right now. What little money left over after repairing the SVX is getting set aside to pay for the speeding tickets I'll be getting.;)

Cool Beans... Im looking for a blue cloth/ vinyl seat in low back style... The bearing thing if I try it will have to wait til spring... NO garage to tinker in .......... I would like a newer subie to add.. Im considering trading in my nissan for a nice used outback or forester... Just not sure which one is better....

OWNERS OF OUTBACKS AND FORESTERS WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF YOUR CARS??? PROS AND CONS??? Thanks Joe

It's a turbo 4.

Forester X = 2.5 nonturbo, 165HP

Forester XS = Forester X with heated seats, mirrors, LSD, alloys, etc.

Forester XS Premium = Forester XS with sunroof

Forester XS Premium Leather Package is the Forester XS Premium with leather and an automatic (no 5-speeds are available with factory leather)

Forester XT = Forester XS with 210HP turbo 2.5L 4-cyl

Forester XT Premium = Forester XS Premium with Leather Package with a turbo 4.

Check out cars101.com for a more detailed look at the standard features and options, and color choices, available for every trim line.

The Outback was a little too big, and more than a little too sluggish. The Impreza was way too small (the rear hatch design really cuts into cargo room). I wanted something that handled/looked/felt like a GL-10, since all the GL-10s here are pretty well rusted out. The '03 Foresters seemed a little high off the ground (the XT fixed that though), and '01-'02 models had that hideous(IMHO) bloated rear end. I looked for a '99-'00 Forester with low miles, and got one just off lease. I love it--but if I had to do it all over again I'd take a trip out West and find a maroon GL-10 Turbo wagon with a 5-speed. My car feels like a tank, though. Zippy, roomy, a little unstable in turns (immeasurably better than a Blazer but nowhere near as sharp as an XT or GL). I highly recommend the Forester over the Legacy/Outback unless you have 2 or 3 children.