Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlise May 15-17th the East Coast Meet

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ain't never seen so few people make so much babble .....:lol:

But anyhow,I'll be there to annoy you all for at least a few hours on Saturday.

Not too concerned about food this year but I'll try to bring something cool to share.

Sorry for disappearing for a couple of weeks - it was a BLAST !!! :lol::banana:

Our computer should be back later tonight or tomorrow - or real soon. Then you'll have to deal with me daily again. :rolleyes:

Looking like a Friday 3PM departure from here (Connecticut shoreline) going to the Pine Barrens area. Romp around , maybe collect some frogs or something with my son , then gravitate towards Carlisle by the evening. You guys probably won't see us Friday night but we'll be there already come the morning.

Waffle House would be cool but not necessary. Shake hands , say hi ,take some pictures and then we'll be heading home around noon - 1PM - sorry :-\

See you soon!

This is looking to be more of a flop for carlisle this year..no excitement ..nothing. Starting to wonder if its worth the 5 hour drive. And I just checked the weather...nice and warm but chance of thunderstorms

Edited by Bucky92

Matt,

Save me a spot next to your SVX for my Claret. Ill have my detailer, microfibers, etc. The car is far from perfect and there are a few issues and details which I still have to address.

Also, is there a car wash close by? I'll be arriving around 11PM-Midnight Friday (have a wedding to go to) and staying until Sunday. :)

Matt,

Save me a spot next to your SVX for my Claret. Ill have my detailer, microfibers, etc. The car is far from perfect and there are a few issues and details which I still have to address.

Also, is there a car wash close by? I'll be arriving around 11PM-Midnight Friday (have a wedding to go to) and staying until Sunday. :)

Mikey ..they have spots close to our site where you can wash the car...they have about 8 hoses by the bathrooms.

I am almost finished clay barring my Impreza right now...just have to do the roof, rims, and tires and she is done..will just need a quick detail later.

Matt,

yeah what she said above this post...just bring a bucket and your cleaners and you should be good to go.

will claybar get rid of haze in the paint or should I go buy some compound. If Mike is parking next to me I have to go polish my turd a little better before the show. :lol:

Depends Matt...if its oxidation..yes claybar will work on it..even if its embedded in the paint it will help. I used it on my craptastic coupe last year before the show and it brough that 26 year old paint back to a decent shine.It also works wonders for bugs and tar.

Clay Bar makes the car look like glass...after you follow up with a good wax.:

I think she is ready:

PreShowHolly002-1.jpg

Edited by Bucky92

Depends Matt...if its oxidation..yes claybar will work on it..even if its embedded in the paint it will help. I used it on my craptastic coupe last year before the show and it brough that 26 year old paint back to a decent shine.It also works wonders for bugs and tar.

Clay Bar makes the car look like glass...after you follow up with a good wax.:

I think she is ready:

PreShowHolly002-1.jpg

yeah it is oxidation. hmmmlooks like ia hve my work cut out for me.

nice alloys Connie!

ok now someone tell me how to use claybar. i actually have some but I don't have the instructions on how to use, so that is why I still have it.

Connie, lookin GOOD!

Oh, and just an FYI to all coming...

Darlingchip and I scored some last minute boneless-skinless chicken fillets that we're gonna cook up and bring with us for Saturday lunch (or dinner?) :banana:

We actually have about 6 or 7 good sized pieces... should be more than enough for the expected turnout. :rolleyes:

Anybody heard from the Whirly's? (Thinks of the sweet toolbox-grill) :grin:

will claybar get rid of haze in the paint or should I go buy some compound. If Mike is parking next to me I have to go polish my turd a little better before the show. :lol:

just let me park my green car beside yours. i guarantee it will make your car look brand new! (in comparison...)

Matt claybar is pretty easy to use...the biggest most important part..is making sure you use a lubricant. and you have to follow us with a wax right away cause it strips out the old wax.

Basically..kneed the clay bar and make it flat...spray on the lube ( which is usually nothing more then a spray detailer.) in small areas..rub the clay bar over the area you sprayed. YOu will feel the bar picking stuff up ..almost a resistance. when the bar moves smooth..wipe off the lube and go to the next area. Never use the bar on a dry spot. and kneed the bar frequently to work whatever you just pulled from the paint into the bar. Do the car in sections..like claybar the hood..wipe it clean..wax it...fender...door etc etc.

If you want..I will show you how to do it friday.Its hard to explain for me but I would be more then happy to show you and help you bar your SVX.

Hey all ... anyone wanting to meet up at the Barrens Friday evening can PM me. Exchange numbers and all that. We sure can use a support vehicle at the Barrens because it looks like we're going in the FWD 2.2 :eek::eek::-\

Trying to get my Brat ready but ......

Went shopping last night. I picked up the Coffee and Coffee cups, some hotdogs and rolls, ketchup, mustard, plastic ware, and plates.

John told you all about the yummy chicken that we are bringing.

Just need to make it threw work for today and tomorrow then it is Carlisle time. :banana: