Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Winter storm damage to the XT! No's!

So I went up to the house I have my Subaru XT stored at to check on it. A sight I did not want to see. Do you guys think it will buff right out? Here's the pics.

normal_CRW_3724.jpg

normal_CRW_3727.jpg

normal_CRW_3729.jpg

And yep, thats a blown out rear window.

Side windows are all intact, so are all of the pillars. Roof has a large dent in it. Rear window was blown out by a kinked poll going through it. Front windsheild is also heavily fractured and needs replacement. This is turning into a very expencive car.:eek:

So I went up to the house I have my Subaru XT stored at to check on it. A sight I did not want to see. Do you guys think it will buff right out? Here's the pics.

normal_CRW_3724.jpg

normal_CRW_3727.jpg

normal_CRW_3729.jpg

And yep, thats a blown out rear window.

Side windows are all intact, so are all of the pillars. Roof has a large dent in it. Rear window was blown out by a kinked poll going through it. Front windsheild is also heavily fractured and needs replacement. This is turning into a very expencive car.:eek:

Just for your information, there was an XT6 at the Olympic Pick a Part yard three weeks ago; it might still be there if you want to pull the glass. If you're going down on a reasonable weekend, let me know since I want to pull some parts off it. Sorry about the damage; that's just ugly.

Yeah, I wonder how hard it would be to install the glass my self, or have a professional install it for me... It's probably going to need a new interior now too due to the weather damage it's received and a lot of pounding the roof straight again.

Well I have a sigh of relief today. I went up to Gold Bar, despite the floods, made it in decent time too, from Everett it only took about an hour. All of the heavy warm rain has melted a lot of snow, but in spots almost a foot still remains, however the collapsed car shed is snow free, I was able to lift up the tarp and look at the damage done to my poor XT. Much better than I expected.

Front windshield is cracked from one of the polls landing on it. The rear window was blown out due to the same. A third poll landed on the roof of the car, only producing a small dent, it didn't even bend the window frame despite how close to the rear window it landed. It'll buff right out. :banana: Time to take a zzz to the remains of the carport's metal frame trapping the XT. Sorry, to much fun with the little graphics.

Probably later this spring or summer I will be looking to get both front and rear windows replaced. I still have to get the beast running again! :banghead: