Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat spark plugs

which is preferred Y or S ...

I Preffer "Y" ones, and that "Y" only means that they had their Ground to the electrode tip, cutted in "Y" Shape, supossed to give Better Spark...

Let me Tell you that for Years I`ve Tried Many Many different Kinds of Spark Plugs on my EA82 Subie... (and other Subies -and other brand cars- from Friends) ...From Cheap Champion, Autolite, ... to Bosch of Three and Four Tips, even Beru Platinum, etc... and I`ve Noticed that only two Kinds of Spark Plugs Performs Great on those EA Engines, both are Japanese and not too expensive:

• NGK`s = BPR6EY11 ( with the now Famous "Y" Cut )
  • Denso = K16TR11 ( with the called "U-Groove" Cut ... Almost Same idea )

Those are the Better Performers on EA Engines as far as my experience tells ... I`ve Changed many Spark Plugs on Many Subies and Those are the only ones I Could Suggest.

Let me Tell you that the Denso ones Perform Better than the NGK`s ... They`re like the Same, but Denso ones comes with a Different Kind of Double Tip Ground to the Electrode, that instead of make the Spark Jumps from one tip to Another (Like Other multi tip Sparks Does) The Denso ones makes a Round Big Spark Between the "U" Cutted Tips that almost Surround The Electrode...

The Denso`s K16TR11 have the Part Number 3194

I Hope that info can Help you.

Kind Regards.

I Preffer "Y" ones, and that "Y" only means that they had their Ground to the electrode tip, cutted in "Y" Shape, supossed to give Better Spark...

both are Japanese and not too expensive:

• NGK`s = BPR6EY11 ( with the now Famous "Y" Cut )
  • Denso = K16TR11 ( with the called "U-Groove" Cut ... Almost same idea )

NGK is easy to find around here

DENSO is "rare"

DENSO u-groove is IN the ADJUSTABLE electrode

NGK v-groove is IN the FIXED electrode

ACCEL plugs are jsut reboxed and repainted DENSO u-groove

DENSO has a good TRAINING GUIDE http://www.globaldenso.com/en/products/aftermarket/plug/catalog/t-manual/index.html

...DENSO u-groove is IN the ADJUSTABLE electrode

NGK v-groove is IN the FIXED electrode...

Not The Denso I Said: 3194 Denso Multi-Ground Spark Plug. Part # K16TR11

DensoTwinGroundSparkPlugs.jpg?t=1232006359

Because they have Twin Ground Tips that are Fixed, and they`re "Made in Japan" ... Well, at Last the ones that comes here.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo