Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got some pics finally of my 86 Brat!

Well here she is. A closer inspection and some time to look has shown she's actually in a lot better shape then I though. Some dings and a little rust, but a good interior. I think it will be a fun project! The odo reads 250,000, but it doesnt leak or burn any oil that I've seen so I', happy for that. And it fired right up after sitting the past year and a half. Needs a new ignition though, anybody have one right quick to save me a trip to the yard?

Brat4.jpg?t=1231968442

Brat5.jpg?t=1231968515

Brat6.jpg?t=1231968538

Brat7.jpg?t=1231968566

Brat8.jpg?t=1231968594

looks pretty good. just make sure to check very closely under the carpets in the back of the cab and the corners under the foot wells. i thought my brat was in better shape until i pulled the carpet up.

other than that, looks like a good starting point for some fun.

what ignition parts do you need?

looks pretty good. just make sure to check very closely under the carpets in the back of the cab and the corners under the foot wells.quote]

I'll pull that up as soon as I get home. Thanks for the advice. As far as I can tell in the front is that there isn't any, but I'll have to check the back for sure.

It looks right at home next to that Cherokee. You should see about double the mpg's if that Jeep is what you are used to. Or even more if it is a quadratrac.

haha good eye! Thats actually my love (shhh...dont let that spread too far around here). It does have the quadratrac, but I havnt driven it since summer so I already know all about the mpg. The last time I drove the chero gas was around 4 something a gallon. Now we're right at 1.50, so I should get it running and take it playing :banana: