Ultimate Subaru Message Board

About to make a subaru purchase

Hello kind subaru folk,

i have been looking for a new car for the past month or so. I have landed back at an outback. I was first looking toward a newer impreza (new body style) since I want AWD and a fifth door or cargo space. i didn't like those that I saw and finding a manual in that car in the twincities that is in my price range is difficult.

So I am about to decide on a outback 2.5 ltd

Make: Subaru

Model: Outback

Miles: 68500

VIN: 4S4BP62C057350737

Stock #:

Engine: 4-Cylinder 3.6 L

Color: Blue

Fully loaded Outback LT. New tires at 60,000 miles, new brakes at 45,000. Averaging 28.5 mpg, mostly highway driven. Interior blak leather, moon/sun roof, 6 disc CD changer, power/heated seats, front and side air bags.

Are there any major flaws with this car. i did the carfdax which came back good but i am worried about head gaskets or mechanical things. I am going this route instead of a dealer where i could maybe get a warranty or something. knowing that subaru makes a great car i think i m good though.

Any thoughts from anyone.

thanks,

craig

I think it is a typo. i did a carfax check on it and it has no 3.6.

What about 2005 though. Any defects bad seals or head gaskets or anything?

No issues that I can think of. My guess is that the engine is the 3.0, not the 3.6 litre,(just a typo) 6 cylinder motor. Both the 4 and 6 cylinder Subie engines are great dependable runners. Still, you should find out for sure what size motor is in the car.

The sport shift on these vehicles allows for higher rpms to be maintained while not downshifting, thus optimizing the performance of the 4EAT. I usually don't drive in sport, I just shift to sport when passing someone....It is amazing the difference it makes. If you make the purchase, have fun with the '05. They are great cars.

• 1 month later...