Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can I flip my AA wheels? What am I going to break?

I was wondering what I will break if I flip around the AA wheels on my rig. I just put some 235/75-15 wildcats on it but for some reason the left rear is rubbing on the bolt the swing arm pivots on. I flipped around that wheel so I could drive it home (didn't want to make a 2nd trip to Les Schwab's ) I was thinking that I could increase my wheel base and fix the whole rubbing problem by just flipping all 4 wheels around.

any thoughts?

Edited by pyro926
I cant spell

I was wondering what I will break if I flip around the AA wheels on my rig. I just put some 235/75-15 wildcats on it but for some reason the left rear is rubbing on the bolt the swing arm pivots on. I flipped around that wheel so I could drive it home (didn't want to make a 2nd trip to Les Schwab's ) I was thinking that I could increase my wheel base and fix the whole rubbing problem by just flipping all 4 wheels around.

any thoughts?

that should be a common size for those wheels.... are you sure there's not something bent?

that should be a common size for those wheels.... are you sure there's not something bent?

The only thing that I can see that could be bent would be the entire swing arm. Either that or it has slid toward the middle of the car pulling the tire/wheel into it.

I just did a rear spring swap, wonder if that did it. Never removed anything I didn't need to.....hmmmm, interesting.....

how much does it hit? you can get little wheel spacers for cheap from tire shops. typically 3mm-8mm thickness without adding extended studs. think that would solve the problem?

you're going to eat up wheel bearings and most likely hit a bunch of stuff with the wider track.

I put a couple more washers behind them, now it won't rub. But it's still weird it's only rubbing on one side. And I can't figure out what might be bent to cause it to rub. Seems like the wheel or hub would give before the swingarm would.

I put a couple more washers behind them, now it won't rub. But it's still weird it's only rubbing on one side. And I can't figure out what might be bent to cause it to rub. Seems like the wheel or hub would give before the swingarm would.

I'll bet the bushing in the arm that rubs is shifted to one side of the pivot.

This lets the arm ride a little closer to the wheel