Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Seafoam question

After reading this long, long thread all i can say is that there are thousands of companies who say their product is the best and as far as them showing you the "facts", those are the facts that "they" show you, what are they suppose to say 'our products suck, dont buy them' nope they will tell you and show you anything they have to, to get you to buy it.

Now i have never heard of Conklin but that doesnt mean that its a bad product, but it doesnt mean its a good product either.

This all reminds of an oil filter company called Frantz, in semi-trucks who run a Frantz filter can run 1 million miles on an oil change, yes i said 1 million miles and all the filter consists of is a simple roll of toilet paper, and yes you can buy a Frantz set-up for the normal automobile but its very pricey, but once you have it installed all you have to do when changing you oil is pull out the old roll of toilet paper and put in a new roll................no joke, the reason i bring this up is that Frantz has been around for almost 90 years, but i would bet 50%-60% of the members here have never heard of them.

So use what you use and we will use what we use and we can all call it square, peace brother.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and i flush my engine oil by stopping at the diesel station.. putting a few bucks directly into my oil.. drive it dome and drain the oil.. seems to work pretty well for me. then i add seafoam ;)

Lol must've looked funny, some guys pumping Diesel into his engine (People are looking like, WTF?)

-Tom :-p

• 3 weeks later...
ain't no prob if you guys don't want to use it but i've seen the facts and trust their reputation. if i didnt trust them i wouldn't use it in my family vehicle (05 ford freestyle). as soon as i get the leaks fixed in the subaru i'm going to run the oil. had the car 5 months and she put 25000 on it. sorry i can't show you guys better.

You must be slow.

just curious, do you use the conklin product in the same way as seafoam? ie: put it in via carb/intake, gasoline and oil? I know with seafoam your going to want to change your oil very soon after running seafoam in the oil, since it cleans the carbon buildup, not exactly used as a leave-in additive like lucas and other similar products. from what ive got from reading this thread is that the conklin is a leave-in product, not to be put in the engine via intake or carb, and not to change your oil after adding it in. I know on some vehicles that the carbon build-up is the only thing keeping you form knowing that there is a problem and seafoam will clean that carbon away and leave you noticing that hidden problem. Ive had one car i used it on with over 350k miles on it that the problems became noticeable after using seafoam, since the carbon had built up sealing the leaks. every other car Ive used seafoam on has had nothing but beautiful results. I actually have heard of conklin products, only from truckers and they too have mixed opinions of it. recently talked to one trucker and he said he would never, never let his oil get anywhere near 100K+ miles before an oil change. his opinion was its cheaper to get pay around $100 every so often to get the oil changed than have to pay over $100k to replace the engine and turbo.

oh and if your real cheap like me you can use just plain old distilled water very slowly drizzled into the intake to clean carbon buildup in the combustion chambers. If you do it correctly you wont get hydrolock and the steam created from water getting heated up in the combustion chamber breaks down the carbon very well. my buddy with a rotary motor does it every 6 months and Ive done it a few times with great results.

also I have read somewhere,(dont know where) but zinc as an additive in oil will bind to imperfections in the block and such, and during a teardown will show the extra wear the engine has endured during its life. dont know if its true, just something I read

As far as to what I gathered, its like Lucas.

They have a multitude of products that do all sorts of stuff.

And just like Lucas, the majority of it seems to be snake oil.

I trust seafoam because it has fixed problems on many kinds of vehicles and

has fixed quite a few problems for me, not to mention the undying loyalty

of those who use it, here on the board.

And as for who use it "What have you been putting in YOUR seafoam?" ;)

Twitch

• 4 weeks later...
EPIC!!

You guys rock,

I am proud to be a new member of the Subaru community.

..And I believe I am going to try this "Sea Foam" product in my XT6..

:banana:

Its good stuff, i use it in my rider mowers and push mowers as well as my Subbie and Durango 5.7L Hemi and it has never failed to produce great results.

seafoam don't work don't waste your money. ask for a deminstration to see it work, they won't because it don't! check out the conklin products they do work and they will show you they work. you'll have to find a dealer in your area.

conklin products work ! this 4power and fuel mate ,rhino grease i use them [they not smoke and mirror crap ] the grease is good for cv joints etc