Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm sure this is mostly a personal preference thing but I have to ask.

I have Bridgestone Potenza tires on my 2000 Outback. I don't like them. When the road is the least bit wet I can feel the front end push/slide in corners. They have about 25% tread left but I am not happy.

Are you happy with your tires? Tell me about it.

All I can say about this tire question is...If your looking for good wet/snowy weather traction DONT BUY KUMHOS..I have them on my Legacy and even in like a couple inches of snow I still slip all over the place....I will however recommend some bridgestone blizzaks for decent snowy weather traction...:)

I have Bridgestone Potenza tires on my 2000 Outback. I don't like them.
how old and many miles are on the tires?

based on the wear i would bet the rubber is bad, not the tires themselves.

rubber can degrade due to various things. i've had lots of tires with plenty of tread that absolutely sucked. it's age or sitting/weather/sun...other stuff, that degrades the rubber quality.

i would be any non-sucky set of new tires will ride much better. i wouldn't concern yourself too much. basically any new tire you get (even the exact same brand) is going to be worlds better.

All I can say about this tire question is...If your looking for good wet/snowy weather traction DONT BUY KUMHOS..I have them on my Legacy and even in like a couple inches of snow I still slip all over the place....I will however recommend some bridgestone blizzaks for decent snowy weather traction...:)

I just got dome kumho solus KH16's, have only had a little wet weather so far and they've been good.

Which tire dod you get?

Dave

We had the bridgestone potenzas's new our our company cars -- 07 Outbacks. They were all bald by 18,000 miles, and really really sketchy in the snow. Handled well in the dry though... The goodyear tripletreads seem to be wearing better, and are decent in the snow -- still not a snow tire, but not completely sketchy, at least.

I like the blizzaks or the Ipike 409's for an actual snow tire, BTW. Never tried them on a newer car, but I've had both on my GL's and Justy and love them.

Z