Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Douglas Tires

I bought a set of these tires with rims. Im not blameing the person who sold it to me:grin: but does anyone else have these tires. They are loud, i dont remember my brothers mud tires being this loud. Ive only really started noticeing this since my exhaust got fixed. Theyve been good for 2 years not falling apart or anything but sheesh. I found some yokahamas and falkins in 13 inch sizes. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Yea, the tires I used to have on the wagon were Douglas Xtra-trac 13s. Bought them from wally world and put about 3k on them till I just got the pugs with BFGs!

The Douglas didn't seem loud but they were soft, sidewalls were too weak. From what I've heard Douglas tend to blow out alot (Mine havn't and don't look like they would) I can't complain, they got me thru 2 winters wiht out getting stuck (But then again subarus don't get stuck :banana:)

The BFG Long Trail T/A radials are good tires!

LAMO! well I had the 165/80R13s :lol:

Word to the wise: Stay away from Douglas, Uniroyal, and any other tires you can buy from Wal-mart. Remember, Their not a Toy store, Clothing store, Electronics store, Hardware store, Tire store.. Thats what I keep getting told everytime I ask or complain about something by the people that work there. :rolleyes:

-Tom

LAMO! well I had the 165/80R13s :lol:

Word to the wise: Stay away from Douglas, Uniroyal, and any other tires you can buy from Wal-mart. Remember, Their not a Toy store, Clothing store, Electronics store, Hardware store, Tire store.. Thats what I keep getting told everytime I ask or complain about something by the people that work there. :rolleyes:

-Tom

If they sell Douglas tires at WalMart; that speaks volumes as to their quality. That place is a cesspool. I wouldn't go there if they had the only vaccines to prevent my @#$%^#$% from falling off. Anyways, Walmart tires: Don't put them on your car if you don't like the side of dark highways late at night. Them being noisy is the least of your problems. :) Have a good day! :banana:

Walmart sells bfg's. What is the most aggressive tire sold for a 13 inch rim?

From what I've seen, the Winterforce.

I think its made by Cooper, but I'm not sure.

You'd probably be better off getting atv rims and tires for real traction.

Twitch

PS: I think its the 95-02 Suzuki Quadrunner that has the same lug pattern