Ultimate Subaru Message Board

DCCD!!! it works!!!

suberdave

well i had the day off today, i got the DCCD working on my 6 speed.

i think its the only GL-10 in the word with a working DCCD...

100_7517_tn.JPG

works awesome. i can totaly tell the differance when it is turned up or down...

i have STI roll switc on the way but for now it just has a big black knob.

awesome, my buddy has a spiider controller (predecessor to the DCCDpro) and 6MT in his '93 tleg. I just love the way that thing handles, ESPECIALLY in low-traction situations. it's so responsive on initial turn-in while ice racing. like no other subaru I've driven.

now I just have to convince Carl to let me "test drive" the rally car with the GEMS controller (controller alone cost like $2k :eek: )

Siiiiiiiiiiick!!!

i think its the only GL-10 in the word with a working DCCD...

Probably one of the only non-GC/GD based vehicles to have operational DCCD, period... Very cool stuff.:burnout:

Any more insights into the benefits of this new tool of mayhem?

excellent work on the 6speed swap :banana: hoping to get to my brat 6speed 2.5L swap this fall and i have the full car wiring harness including the DCCD comp. and g-sensor from a 2004 and i have bin told i dont need the wheel speed sensors for it to work properly they dont relate in 04 ? its only for the active stability control ABS comp. only ? just wondering what your thoughts are if you looked in to just using the stock DCCD comp. ?

im prob. going to cut and weld in the tunnle out of a newer impreza or leg. to make it fit at all with out hitting .

our Rally car is an '04 STi. the ABS stuff is all disabled (all hardlines replumbed, none going near the pump. but the pump and wiring is still there).

We had a wheel sensor fail at Gravity Park this year, and were unable to get it to work without the sensor (or ABS pump/computer). we tried a few different things, and the only thing that helped was a new sensor. worse part was, when it had the wheel sensor error, it would go to full-lock......not good.

We came to the conclusion that the sensors were too vulnerable, which is why a GEMs controller was "obtained" (Thank goodness GEM is one of our sponsors :banana: ).

since that installation, our driver has said he regrets not doing it sooner, as it has drastically improved the way the car handles. most notably under hard braking, the stock controller is programmed to release the center diff while braking hard to let the ABS pump control traction. but in any performance situation, you want that center diff to tighten up.....

the DCCDpro controllers are suprising cheap, considering.....well worth the money IMHO.

just wondering what your thoughts are if you looked in to just using the stock DCCD comp. ?

I bought my DCCDpro used for way cheeper than i could get the stock computer. and it only takes 5 wires to make it work. two to the diff, one ign power, one ground, and one to the TPS.

took about 20 mins to make it all work. the stock computer would take that long just to look at the wiring...

our Rally car is an '04 STi. the ABS stuff is all disabled (all hardlines replumbed, none going near the pump. but the pump and wiring is still there).

We had a wheel sensor fail at Gravity Park this year, and were unable to get it to work without the sensor (or ABS pump/computer). we tried a few different things, and the only thing that helped was a new sensor. worse part was, when it had the wheel sensor error, it would go to full-lock......not good.

We came to the conclusion that the sensors were too vulnerable, which is why a GEMs controller was "obtained" (Thank goodness GEM is one of our sponsors :banana: ).

since that installation, our driver has said he regrets not doing it sooner, as it has drastically improved the way the car handles. most notably under hard braking, the stock controller is programmed to release the center diff while braking hard to let the ABS pump control traction. but in any performance situation, you want that center diff to tighten up.....

the DCCDpro controllers are suprising cheap, considering.....well worth the money IMHO.

thanks thats the answer i was looking ! i have also had problems with 04's centerdiff controlers not releasing in a slow speed (parking lot) turns in auto mode and causing a constant banging from the drivetrain as it overcomes the load on the diff .

im thinking ill go with the DCCDPro. if the stock comtroler is going to give me problems thanks

I've been watching this thread, and the site isnt that helpful, or i am not seeing what i want to see.

So excuse the dumb questions (yes i do make them on occasion)

What can this box be used on (transmissions years etc).

This box basically is a far more agressive, controlable, and basically a plug in device?

nipper

I've been watching this thread, and the site isnt that helpful, or i am not seeing what i want to see.

So excuse the dumb questions (yes i do make them on occasion)

What can this box be used on (transmissions years etc).

This box basically is a far more agressive, controlable, and basically a plug in device?

nipper

http://dccdpro.com/store//catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=29&osCsid=f0ca58a5957ff9c8ec2d631a2d4b64e8

"Aftermarket standalone Automatic DCCD controller for JDM and USDM 6 speed transmissions as well as older 5 speed DCCD transmissions.

Did you swap the transmission in your car and need to control the DCCD?

Running without a controller risks breaking expensive drivetrain components.

This product is specifically designed for swapped cars, and includes everything required for automatic and manual DCCD operation, including a properly designed and handbuilt custom control module in a water resistant enclosure, with a nice adjustment knob for setting the locking force, this system is infinitely adjustable between fully locked and unlocked. "

Edited by rguyver

http://dccdpro.com/store//catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=29&osCsid=f0ca58a5957ff9c8ec2d631a2d4b64e8

"Aftermarket standalone Automatic DCCD controller for JDM and USDM 6 speed transmissions as well as older 5 speed DCCD transmissions.

Did you swap the transmission in your car and need to control the DCCD?

Running without a controller risks breaking expensive drivetrain components.

This product is specifically designed for swapped cars, and includes everything required for automatic and manual DCCD operation, including a properly designed and handbuilt custom control module in a water resistant enclosure, with a nice adjustment knob for setting the locking force, this system is infinitely adjustable between fully locked and unlocked. "

damndamndamn i can't drive a stick anymore (yet) due to the car accident.

Otherwise this would be such a tempting thing to look deeper into.

nipper

• 3 weeks later...